Time Passing

2 Weeks Later

(Jay's POV)

It's finally my birthday ! I've been waiting for so long 😩. I'm finally 18! But, it feels like another day. I guess I'll have to make the best out of it. I woke up hearing noises outside my door and hearing footsteps. Next thing I know, my door busted wide open and my mom, dad, Ana, Chris , and Justin came in yelling happy birthday. Chris and Justin decided to jump on my bed as I stuck my head under the pillow and going back under the covers groaning. I am so tired. Last night, Chris and I were in the woods last night looking up at the stars and talking for a long time. I am just beat and exhausted. But, of course that didn't stop them from making noise.

"Jay sweetheart wake up! I made your favorite Breakfast! Come downstairs to get it." My mom said walking down the steps with my dad.

Chris jumped on top of me, took the blanket away and planted kisses all over my face.

"Happy Birthday Baby Girl ! I got a whole bunch of surprises for you today. But you gotta get outta bed to get them." Chris said with a huge goofy grin on his face and laying next to me stroking my hair

"Girl come on now we gotta find you an outfit to wear. Get up out the bed." Ana was dragging me by my arms to pull me out.

"Come on sis get up! Stop being a party pooper. Guess I gotta do something you hate to get you out the bed. I guess I gotta tickle you." Justin said walking towards me

"No No No ! That's not necessary ! I'm up ! I'm Up 😂."

When Justin tickles... He won't ever stop. I would end up having a stomach cramp by the time he's done with me.

"Happy Birthday little Sis. Ha ha I'm still older." Justin said sticking his tongue out

"Whatever! You two get out! I gotta get her dressed." Ana shooed them out the room and closed the door.

I got my bra and panties and got in the shower. I put on my favorite lotion that someone in the neighborhood made for me. It smells like cinnamon. I came out the bathroom and saw an outfit laying on the bed for me. I told her I didn't wanna dress extravagant cause I wanted to go to the woods. I put on a black pencil skirt, a pink shirt, and my black timberland boots. Ana decided to help me flat iron my hair. I wear a bun all the time, so I wanted a different look. By the time we finished, my hair was draping down my back. I finished getting ready and I walked down the stairs to see Chris & Justin eating with my mom and dad. I was happy to see my dad and Chris laughing with each other. I see he lightened up on him.

"Wow you look beautiful baby. I mean Jay." Chris said correcting himself while looking at my dad. We all bursted out laughing

My mom handed me and Ana a plate. I had cinnamon pancakes, sausage, and eggs. After we ate, Chris took me right outside for this day he had planned for us. We walked by everyone at the Big House and I covered my ears because they were all screaming happy birthday really loud😂. I almost went deaf for a second. I went in and got all types of gifts. Like I said, there isn't a mall anywhere so the things they came up with was special to me. I got two scarves they two girls sewed for me. I got some navy blue boots from the tailor down the block. One thing that looked the cutest was this hat that Chris bought me. It had our initials C.J on the front. I was so happy at all the gifts but his the most. I told y'all, I love him with everything that's in me.

(Chris' POV)

It's my baby girl's birthday and I had somebody to make her a hat with our initials on it. When she saw it, there was a slight glow that appeared on her face. I mean she looked absolutely beautiful today. For the first time in forever, she is wearing her hair down. When she came down the stairs to breakfast, I was in a trance until Justin knocked me out of it.
I'm not as nervous as I was about them coming. That was two weeks ago, Mr. & Mrs. Tate went to warn the adults about the coming of the people. The adults are definitely prepared for the unknown and so is my group. Except for Jay of course. But, I came up with an idea to keep her safe. It's gonna hurt me when the time comes... It's the only way my brain could think of a plan.
I decided to get my mind off of all that and plan a special day for her. I want to do any and everything to make her happy on her special day. We've been together for a year and 8 months now. She's been by my side through thick and thin. This girl deserves the world.