Do Better

"I don't know why I even try
Cause you don't want this no more
I would rather leave before I hurt you
I would've done it long ago
if I ain't have my faith
I see you're starting to hate me
I see it in your face"
-Chris Brown

Flashback

Chris had been avoiding and ignoring Jay all day. She just doesn't understand why. They walked to the Big House this morning. Then, things just went downhill. Lately, Chris has been so busy so Jay has been trying to spend as much time with him as possible. But, nothing was working today. The day was almost over as the sky began to turn dark.

"Chris will you please just say something!? Why do you keep ignoring me like this?" He continued to talk to this girl like Jay wasn't trying to get his attention.

"You know what... I don't care anymore. Do what you wanna do. I'm done being a suck up." Jay said as she walked towards the woods. While walking, she heard footsteps right behind her. She knew it was Chris, but she didn't stop.

"Baby wait-------"

"No don't call me that. You got some freakin nerve ignoring me all day then you sit up and talk to a girl and act like you don't hear me talking to you! You done lost it! That is so disrespectful... I didn't even do nothing to deserve this!"

"You was in the corner with Mike this morning just laughing it up and touching on his shoulder... I got mad."

"So I can't laugh at anybody but you? That's childish. You're childish and I'm leaving."

"You ain't going no where." Chris said grabbing her arm

"No! Let me go! You don't tell me what to do.. You ain't never around anyways. When you're gone, those are the people I connect with. You expect me to be anti-social and what not while you and Justin aren't around? You got me messed up."

"I do tell you what to do cause you're mine. I am around what in the world are you talking about!?" Chris yelled back. They were in a full blown argument

"I feel like you never have time for me anymore. You're always gone. I feel like the love isn't in you anymore and that sucks for me. So, I can talk to whoever I want to! I'm sick of you not being here. Do you even want a me & you? I try so hard to get you to pay attention to me sometimes. If you don't want me in your life then let me know. I feel like I'm just a bump in the road for you. I don't wanna be in your way. I love you, but I don't wanna be in a relationship with someone that's not there." She said shedding a couple of tears

When Jay said that, Chris was hurt by her words and he was hurt seeing her cry. But, he knew she was telling the truth. He stepped closer to her so they were face to face.

"Please don't cry and don't ever question my love for you. Okay, I overreacted I'm sorry. I'm with you for a reason. You saying that you don't wanna be with me? Well that's bs cause I know for sure that I wanna be with you."

She sat on the ground and Chris did the same. He pulled her into his arms as they looked up at the stars.

"I'm gonna work on myself and to make sure that you're my #1 priority. I'm gonna do better. Do you forgive me?"

"Don't ever embarrass me like that again. I forgive you." Jay said

(Next Day)

Chris was walking with Jay to the Big House for the daily meet up.

"Hey best friendddddd I missed you!" A girl said running up to Chris. Jay looked and realized that it was the same girl that her and Chris got into an argument about. Chris looked at Jay then responded

"Wassup?"

"What's up? That's all I get? Can I at least get a hug?" She said

Jay got in front of Chris so the girl was looking at her

"No you cannot have a hug."

"I don't think I was talking to you."

"Well I'm most definitely talking to you. Now you can move along."

Jay turned around and looked at Chris and he looked down at her accepting the fact that she wasn't playing about the best friend thing.

"Bestie you gone sit here and let her talk to me like that."

"First of all my man is not your bestie. He's mine. So you can stop with allat."

"Chris you ain't gone say nothin?" The girl was still pleading

Chris sat his arm on Jay's shoulder showing which side he chose

"That's why I don't like you. Chris don't like you either you dumb hoe." She said walking away

"You ain't gotta like me😂 and I find it cute how you saying that and walking away at the same time."

"Baby don't listen to her. You know I will always love you and I will always have your back. You my nigga for life."

"First of all I'm yo girl😂 not yo nigga."

"Ahhhh same difference. Now let's go before we are late." Chris said as they resumed their walk to the Big House.