Working on Us

Flashback

We had just gotten into an argument. Jay was really upset with me

"Why was she touching you like that!? You acting like you ain't got no girlfriend! I don't play that."

"That's my best friend! You being real sensitive right now and it's stupid. You got a problem with her putting her hand on my shoulder...That's ridiculous"

I said about to walk towards the door of her house. I came over to apologize, but I don't see what the big problem is.

"Ridiculous!? I'll tell you what's ridiculous. That you calling this chick yo bestfriend. I'm supposed to be your only best friend. Period."

She did have a point

"Now if I were to go and call Xavier my best friend and laugh at everything he says or touch on him all the time, you'll be ready to fight him then and there."

"You right! I sure would!"

"Well then Chris how do you expect me to feel when she does the same thing. I get jealous. You make me feel a certain type of way or you make me feel that you really don't want this relationship."

"Don't ever think for a second that I don't want this relationship. I love you jay. I asked you to be my girl for a reason."

I said walking closer to her and looking into her eyes

"I know Chris but you need to stop. I don't like that best friend stuff. You need to cut that out and set that girl straight. I don't even talk to her like that. Just please don't let nothing like that happen again."

I picked Jay up because her parents weren't home and took her to her room. I laid her down on the bed and began kissing all over her face. My lips brushed against hers until they finally met. As I felt her warm lips on mine, I got up and hovered over her pinning her arms above her head. She smiled through the kiss and I broke away.

"It won't ever happen again baby girl. You have my word. Do you forgive me?

"Yes, Chris I forgive yo fine self."

She said while laughing. All I could do was give a goofy smile. No matter what, this girl will always have my heart. She brings the best out of me.