Unrequited Love

Levi's POV

I didn't want to say going to a bar was a stupid idea, but it was. One of the stupidest ideas I've ever heard of, in fact. But I couldn't say no since Mikasa was trying her hardest to cheer me up.

There was no getting over Eren. End of story.

When we walked out the door, she told me to wait. I said I didn't mind waiting, but I did.

Our ride pulled up and Mikasa gave me a little smile. Maybe to her it was the biggest smile she's ever given anyone. And I appreciated that it was wasted on me.

The closer we got to the car, the clearer I could see who the driver was. I also caught a glimpse on who was in the passenger seat.

"Oh no. Why freckled jesus and horse face," I said disappointingly.

"Because their gay," she answered. She smiled at them and waved as we inched closer to the car.

"What? No their not," I managed to say. Were they? I never really thought about it. I just assumed they were close friends.

"Wow Levi. You really are stupid. Of course they are. But they don't go out. I'm sure they like each other, but they haven't confessed to one another." She opened the back door and stepped in. She greeted them and glared at me to do the same.

Instead of greeting them, I said, "So y'all are gay for each other but don't date? What's wrong with you guy?" I asked confused. If they were together, why not actually be together?

Jean's face turned a dark shade of red and didn't say anything. Marco just blushed lightly and said, "you cant be talking. You had your opportunity with Eren."

"I like how you didn't deny it," Mikasa interjected before I could say anything.

He looked at us through the back view mirror. "How could I? I'm totally 100% in love with Jean Kirstein," he said. Jean shot him a quick look and turned even more red than it already was. "But it's unrequited love," he quickly added.

We all looked at Jean to say something. Finally he said, " how do you know? That it's unrequited, that is."

"Because when I first told you, you said that you didn't like me back," Marco said. He put a finger under Jean's chin and made him look at him. "Or have you had a change of heart?"

Marco removed his finger from under his chin and Jean immediately looked the other way.

Marco just chuckled and started driving. After a while Jean mumbled, "I like you too, idiot," but Marco didn't hear it but I sure as hell did.

"Say it again," I said. I looked over to Mikasa to see if she had also heard what Jean said and by the looks of it, she obviously did. "Say it again," I repeated.

"I'm in love with Jean Kirstein...?" Marco answered questioningly.

"No, not you!" I shot at him. "I was talking to Jean."

Jean didn't say anything. Just looked out his window.

Mikasa gently put her hand on my arm. "Shh. Just let nature take it's course."

"But if he doesn't act now, he might never get to say it again. They might not end up being together cause it's gonna be too late," I said. I didn't say it loudly, but I didn't whisper it either.

"Levi, it's okay," she said, "Marco's not going anywhere and Jean's not going anywhere." She gave me a small smile. "Let them live."

I just nodded and didn't say anything. Jean just cranked up the music. I didn't even know Coffee and Cigarettes by Never Shout Never was playing. It was a perfect song for this situation.

I'm guessing Mikasa hadn't heard the song in a long time, cause she only sung the ba da da's and not the versus. I, however, knew the whole thing, but refused to sing along.

After a while the song ended. Dive in by Pierce the Veil started playing. I love that song.

Dive in, take a breathe
Blow the smoke through the hole in my chest
Still choking on the bed
Found your waste while the ember red keeps falling down and burning holes

Marco started singing along. And so did Mikasa. I didn't know she liked this kind of music. But then again, what did I know about her?

Until the pillow and the matress glow
Now I wanna be the tattoo ink that swims down through the needle in your skin
And I wish I was poisonous
Like the bottomless sound, like a violent drug

She stopped singing the next verse. I'm not sure why. Maybe it hurt her too much. It never occurred to me that she could be going through her own shit too. It's nice that everyone has time to deal with their own shit.

Do you remember the knife I kept?
The sharper it got, the more you wanted me to use it
I was lying to you, but you were lying too
So what's left to do?
What's left to say?
Stop making friends, just us
I'll decompose with you

And the song stopped. I was going to flip shit, but then I realized that we had already arrived at our destination.

[Author's Note]

Hi

Im really tired but im gonna play overwatch :3

Dont forget to vote and comment and do whatever you beautiful people do. Bye! 💕