-Part 48-

"Vic, are you sure this is a good idea?" my father asked sternly.

"Yes, dad. I'm sure. I've made up my mind."

"Son, this girl must be pretty special." my dad replied, "Are you really going to go in a different country that has a spreading blizzard?"

"Yeah." Mike agreed, "She's probably dead by now."

"Michael!" my mom scolded, slapping his arm. She turned to me, "Honestly, an apology is what you need to do. Don't try to make her fall in love with you."

"Vivian, if he really is going to risk his life for this girl, she better be the one. And I don't want my son to find her and say 'I'm so sorry, please forgive me.' I want him to tell her the truth. Tell her your true feelings."

"I agree. There better be a come-to-Jesús moment or something." Mike spoke.

"Son, I'm just worried about your well-being."

"Ma! I've been to Canada so many times."

"But not when there is plenty of people there to help you. You haven't been when there's a blizzard. You haven't been there outside of a tour!" my mom rambled on.

"Well there's a start for everything." I answered, leaning down to kiss the top of her head. My mom and dad proceeded to talk me out of going to Canada, but I said my goodbyes nonetheless.

So I guess I should fill you in.

When she approached me on the 60th day of Warped, I was going to tell her that I love her. But she just walked away. I tried to run after her, but I tripped over a rock and she just ran faster.

After countless hours of me trying to find her, I went to our bus, only to find her stuff still there. She apparently had not contacted Kellin. She had not contacted anybody. . . She just walked away.

That was four months ago.

Since she had left all her stuff in our bus, she left her passport. . . Meaning that she was still in Canada. After I told Kellin, he tried contacting her, but it was no use. I tried contacting her, too. Everyone did. But it was no use.

Mike keeps telling me that since she has no home, no food and nothing to keep her warm in the Canadian blizzard, that death had probably gotten to her before I could have. I know Mike is only trying to look out for me, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to try.

Which is why I just got off the 5 hour plane ride from San Diego to Toronto. My first stop is the Cooks residence, thanks to Kellin giving me the address.

"Yes?" an older man asked when I knocked on the door.

"Hi. My name is Vic. Is your daughter-"

"You fucker! I heard about you." he hissed, pulling me in his house by my jacket collar and slamming me against the wall, "You're the one who got my daughter into bad things!"

I hissed in pain, but tried to hold my tongue. Whimpering, I croaked out, "Bad things?"

"You're Vic Patterson, right?"

"N-no sir." I stuttered, "I'm Vic Fuentes."

"Alright, Fuentes, do you have a brother?"

"Yes, yes sir. His name is Mike."

"Do you have a sister?"

"No."

"Do you know who Vic Patterson is?"

"N-no sir."

"I'll tell you who he is. He's Jackie's manager."

"Manager?" I ask as his grip on me loosened and he put me back on the ground.

"Yes. Manager. She told me everything. She came here four months and told me about everything. I told her it was her fault. . . Cause it is! So she left. She got a job. She told me about you, though."

"R-really?" I stuttered wide eyed.

"She said she loved you. She said if she could see you again, she'd do it all differently. She wouldn't have walked away."

"Sir, I. . . I love your daughter. And if you tell me where she is, I'm going to make it all up to her."

"Ask her manager." her dad mumbled as another man walked in, presumably Jackie's brother. I would like to give him a piece of my mind for taking her clothes, but I got to hold my tongue if I want to find Jackie.

"What do you mean by 'manager?'" I ask. The brother looked at me wide-eyed.

"You don't know?!"

"No. . .?"

"She got a job as an exotic dancer."