To strong to be broken

~Ky'mon

I don't know how in the hell I missed my child's birth. How could I not have been there for Beauti at the time she needed me the most. I had not received one call or text from her.

I walked up to the front desk of Labor and Delivery and gave a chubby old lady her information once she informed me that Beauti was in room two one zero three. I walked through the double doors and searched for the room once I found it. I went in and I could hear the baby crying. Walking behind the curtains I noticed Beauti with one breast out and a nurse helping assist with the baby.

"Aww see she was just hungry." the nurse said as the baby stopped crying and sucked on Beauti's breast for food.

"Thank you so much nurse Karen." Beauti said looking at me with a blank look on her face causing the nurse to turn in my direction.

"You're welcome and you must be the father?" She asked smiling at me.

"Yes ma'am how are they" I asked staring at my two girls.

"They're doing wonderful. Little Kylie here weighed Seven pounds seven ounces and was nineteen inches long. And Ms. Beauti pushed her out in just three pushes. She did very well." The nurse said smiling at Beauti and the baby.

"She's a big baby"

"Yea she is. Well I guess I'll leave you two alone. If you need anything honey just buzz me."

"I will and can you bring me some apple juice please." Beauti asked

"Yes ma'am I'll be right back." she said leaving the room.

I stood there waiting for Beauti to say something but she didn't.

"Baby I'm so sorry" I said as I sat down in the chair next to her bed. Beauti just glanced at me. Not saying a word and that was the bad part it wasn't when Beauti is all roused up its when she silent that I know she's hurt and disappointed in me.

"Baby I didn't receive any call or text from you." I explained but she ignored me as the nurse came back in with her juice.

"Thanks"

"your welcome" the nurse said as she walked out.

"What the fuck do you except me to say to you. To tell you the truth I don't even know why you showed up. I got through the hard part without you." she said giving me the most deadly look ever.

"Beauti really I told you I was sorry. My phone did not ring not one time. How was I suppose to know you went into labor"

"You suppose to had your ass home. You went to go get something to eat why it took you damn near three damn hours to come back."

"I went over to my moms I thought maybe Fred would've still been there."

"Really Ky'Mon you was at your motha house?" she asked

"Beauti"

"Don't Beauti me Ky'Mon if you want to see your daughter here" she said handing me the small baby.

"but why you here don't say shit to me and I'm not playin. I had to call your fuckin brother Ky'Mon your fuckin brother." She said with tears screaming down her face.

"Baby don't cry. I really am sorry"

"I said don't say shit to me get out my face" she said washing her face.

Just then Lucky walked in. And he ain't look to happy.

"What's up man?" I asked as I rocked Kylie.