Part Thirty-Three

By the barred windows he sat, staring out at the green grass shimmering beneath the fresh sunlight.

It hadn't been nice like this since his world began to fall apart. Seeing the sun for the first time in a while gave him a shred of hope in his broken world.

His fingers tapped at the window, methodically dancing from each drying water drop from the sprinkle of rain that fell upon them in the early morning hours. He hummed a familiar tune, although he couldn't place where he had heard it from - his memory wasn't the best after all.

'Mr Kim,' a females voice spoke as the door unlocked, 'you have visitors here to see you.' She said as she entered the room with a warm smile.

Taehyung slowly spun his wheelchair around to see the nurse standing at the door, 'Who?'

'Come out and see.' She smiled and walked towards him, taking her place behind him and pushing the wheelchair out into the hallway.

'You're very popular, Mr Kim.' The nurse smiled.

Once again Taehyung laid back and watched the bright lights pass by, one by one until the hallway stopped and they entered a room. He pulled his head up and searched the faces of people before finding the ones he was looking for.

The nurse smiled at them and let go of Taehyung's wheelchair, 'Here we are.'

'Thank you.' Taehyung said as he smiled faintly at the nurse before she left.

Taehyung stared at Jin with blank eyes, he looked back at Taehyung with a worried look.

'Where have you been?' Taehyung asked.

Jin sighed and sat down on the couch across from him, Namjoon and Yoongi sat on either side of him while Jungkook and Hoseok sat on the arms on the chair with Jimin still standing nearby.

'I'm sorry I haven't been around,' Jin began, 'I'm sorry I wasn't here to help or be of any support, and I'm sorry for taking my anger out on you, on everyone,' he paused to take a deep breath in, 'I came over to try and apologise, I brought you some baking but I know that wouldn't make up for the way I treated you so I dropped them off and left.'

Taehyung didn't know what to say or think.

Jin lowered his eyes and nervously played with his fingers, 'My wife and I...we've...we've finalised the divorce.'

The others shot their heads towards Jin with surprised expressions on their faces.

'You mean to say you and-' Jimin began before getting cut off.

'Yes,' Jin cut in, 'it wasn't working for us, we tried our best for our child but it just wasn't working and I was near breaking point. It was for the best.'

'I'm sorry, Jin.' They all said one after the other, all except for Taehyung.

'I didn't want my problems getting in the way of your lives, I didn't want you all to worry,' Jin continued, 'you're going through something much worse and my problem would've only dragged us all down.'

Taehyung was silent and taken aback at how he was wrong about Jin. So without saying a word he pushed himself away and towards the hallway. The nurse taking care of him quickly followed behind.

'Where are you going?' The nurse asked and held onto the handles of the wheelchair.

'Let go,' Taehyung said through gritted teeth, 'I want to go back to my room now.'