Part Thirty

The early morning was groggy and all the sky wanted to do was cry.

Hours had passed and Taehyung sat with Taekwon. Taekwon laid down with his head on Taehyung's thighs, dozing in and out of sleep.

Detective Wolfe, tired and frustrated, walked through the doors of the police station. Taehyung gently moved Taekwons head and rose to his feet.

'Did you find anything?' Taehyung asked as he walked towards Detective Wolfe.

Wolfe stopped and sighed, rubbing his temples before turning around to face Taehyung, 'No, we didn't find anything out of the ordinary.'

The sadness within Taehyung grew, 'She couldn't have just disappeared,' He said softly, more of a whisper, 'there has to be something. What else can you do?' His voice said, now raised.

'We have notified the other stations and broadcasting systems of her disappearance,' Wolfe hesitated, hoping Taehyung wouldn't notice, 'we will continue to investigate, and we will find her.'

Taehyung gulped and lowered his eyes as he rubbed his forehead.

'You need to go home and get some rest,' Wolfe stated, 'clear your mind and leave the work to us.'

'How could you say that?' Taehyung asked, growing angry, 'how could you just tell me to clear my mind? My daughter is missing, I don't think that's something I can just clear out of my mind!'

'Mr Kim-'

'No! She's out there with a murderer and you aren't doing anything!'

'Mr Kim!' Wolfe growled, 'we are doing all we can, there are people out there right now looking for her! So don't tell me how to do my job! Just go home.'

Out of anger, Taehyung gripped Taekwons arm and walked out the door. Wolfe turned around and watched him leave with his fists balled, he sighed and gestured towards Taehyung, 'Go keep an eye on him.' He said to the small group of officers who were nearby.

'Yes, sir.' They said in unison as they began to walk towards the front of the station.

Wolfe walked back to his office with worry lingering.

Taekwon frowned and wriggled beneath Taehyung's grip, 'You're hurting me.' He whimpered.

Taehyung stopped outside the vehicle and took a deep breath before releasing his grip on Taekwon, 'I'm sorry.' He exhaled.

His hand slithered out from Taehyung's hand and he looked up at his father with deep sadness in his eyes. Taehyung avoided his stare and turned his head away.

The rain had already soaked their clothes before they entered the vehicle.

Taehyung ignited the engine and took a tight grip on the steering wheel. He then pulled out his phone and sent a message to their group chat.

Taehyung: Meet at the house

Jimin: What happened?

Namjoon: Want us to bring anything? What's wrong?

He ignored the messages and drove out of the police car park and onto the road.

Taehyung exhaled and rubbed his forehead as his other hand held steady on the steering wheel, 'How are you feeling?' He asked and looked at Taekwon in the rear view mirror.

Taekwon avoided his gaze through the mirror and watched the buildings go by outside the window, 'Cold.'

Taehyung frowned, 'I'll turn the heat on.'