Part Twenty

Song: La Vie En Rose (Instrumental) - Paul Weston & Orchestra.

The moonlight shone through the window and splashed across the bed, Taehyung's body was drenched in cold sweat and his heart was beating ferociously out of his chest.

The twins were still asleep, he glanced at the clock through the darkness and squinted at the red numbers which shone 11:01pm.

Taehyung breathed deeply and rested against the headboard of the bed, slowly taking everything in and thoroughly sorting through his thoughts and the strange dream.

It could mean nothing, his mind reeled constantly, it doesn't have to mean anything, it probably doesn't mean anything.

Taegeuk wriggled beneath the blankets and slowly rose her head, yawning before opening her eyes, 'Mom?' She whispered in a tired daze.

'It's just me.' Taehyung whispered back as he rubbed her forehead.

Taegeuk mumbled before resting her head back down on the pillow, Taehyung exhaled and frowned before lowering his hand.

'You said her name,' Taekwon mumbled as he slowly regained his consciousness, 'you were calling out to her.' He continued with a tired voice before yawning.

'I did?' Taehyung asked.

'Yeah,' Taekwon answered as he sat up and rubbed his eyes and yawning once more, 'bad dream?'

Taehyung sighed, 'It started off nice,' he laughed a little before removing his legs from beneath the blankets and resting them on the floor, 'we should get going soon.'

Taekwon glanced over at the clock, 'We won't make the sunrise, we'll be too early.'

'We can just sit at the beach until it rises then.' Taegeuk mumbled with her face in the pillow.

'Only if you want to,' Taehyung stated, 'whatever you want to do.' He smiled at them and lightly squeezed their arms.

'Hmm, actually, give me one more hour.' Taegeuk mumbled.

Taehyung laughed quietly and laid back down, 'Alright, one more hour.' He sighed and rested his eyes on the ceiling once more.

An hour and a half passed by faster than they had realised, Taekwon had packed away the photographs in the truck and cleaned up around the house with Taehyung whilst Taegeuk continued to rest for the remainder of the time they were at the house.

With the sound of music beginning to drift into her ears, Taegeuk slowly began to awaken. Her eyes were blurred with a tired haze as she pulled the blankets off her body and re-introduced her feet to the floor once more. Fully rested from her slumber she walked down the hallway to find Taekwon and Taehyung sitting on the living room couch with the record player on. Taekwon laid on the couch with his legs over the arms, kicking gently to the beat of the song and waving his hands as if he were a conductor of an orchestra.

'She always loved this record player,' Taehyung began, 'amazing how she kept it all these years despite the constant technology upgrades.' He laughed.

'She is super old fashioned,' Taekwon laughed also, 'La vie en rose.' He said with a French accent and continued to move his hands in unison with the ups and downs of the song.