Part Twenty-Three

Taehyung's phone vibrated endlessly against his leg.

Although the constant nagging, he ignored it and continued to drive. He didn't want any sudden interruptions.

'It should be right here.' Taekwon stated as Taehyung pulled the truck over to the side of the road.

They all looked out the window and sighed as they had noticed the "For Sale" sign loosely hanging from the door. The windows had been covered in newspaper and the door looked unsteady in the wind.

'Well, what now?' Taegeuk asked as she rested her head against the window.

'That door looks like it would open easily.' Taekwon mumbled under his breath, Taehyung laughed at his small comment and pinched his arm, Taekwon smirked and rested his head against the window.

'We can't break and enter,' Taegeuk stated in a serious tone, 'that's illegal, we could get arrested.'

'We're kids! It's him that would get arrested, we would just get a warning...' Taekwon joked, Taehyung raised his eyebrow at the twins with a smirk.

'You can't be serious.' Taegeuk said as she shook her head.

'I'll be fast.' Taekwon laughed and he leaned around the chair and took the photo from Taegeuk.

'But there'll be cobwebs, and cobwebs means spiders! What if the floor is sunken in and we, I don't know, die!?' Taegeuk said as she pulled her seatbelt off and leaned around to the front of the car, in between Taekwon and Taehyung.

'You won't die,' Taekwon said with sarcasm in his voice, 'maybe you'll get a broken leg and contract a disease but you won't die!' He laughed.

Taegeuk furrowed her eyebrows and hit Taekwon's arm who then retaliated with a scowl, 'I'm being serious!' She said in a worried tone.

'Okay, okay,' Taehyung began, 'I'll come in with you, alright? Nobody is going to die, okay Geukkie?' He said as he raised both eyebrows at her, 'and nobody is going to get a broken leg and a disease, okay Taekwon?' Taehyung said as he looked at Taekwon with serious eyes.

Taekwon rolled his eyes and folded his arms.

Taehyung then lead the way and got out of the car before closing the door, 'Well?' He said as he leaned down and watched the twins from the window.

Taekwon was our first and stood on the sidewalk, Taegeuk hesitated and slowly got out of the truck; unwilling to go in the store illegally without the owner.

The three of them stood at a door and Taehyung had noticed a piece of old paper hanging on by worn out tape.

Taekwon held the door handle and pulled down on it, 'Locked, maybe there's a back door?'

'You can't be serious!' Taegeuk sighed, 'we are not breaking in! This is trespassing!'

Taehyung lifted the flopped over piece of paper and read the faded black ink, 'Maybe we don't have to break in.'

'Then what will we do?' Taekwon asked as he looked up at Taehyung.

'Here's a number, we'll call it and see if they'll let us in.' Taehyung stated as he pulled out his cellphone and began to dial the number.

The twins watched as Taehyung held the phone close to his ear, awaiting an answer. He hadn't noticed who all the missed calls were from.

'Yes! Hello,' Taehyung began as a man answered the phone, 'I was just wondering if I could take a look around the store you have for sale.'