Part Eight

[A/N: Thank you so much for 10k reads on To Learn To Love! And thank you for almost 1k on this story!

So sorry about the lack of updates, college life is picking up again and the work is piling up.

Will update when possible :)

Enjoy.]

The red numbers beamed 2:37am through the darkness.

'What do you mean he's gone?' Taehyung said as he turned on his bedside lamp, pulled the blankets off him and scrambled over to close the window before slipping on a grey hoodie.

'I heard the front door open,' her worried voice began, 'I thought you had left so I went to Taekwon's room but he was gone.' Taegeuk whispered and rubbed her eyes.

Taehyung ran across the room and was out the door and into the hallway with her following behind, 'We need to find him! Is he in the house?'

'I don't know.' Taegeuk said as they both ran down the stairs to the open front door, indicating that he wasn't in the house.

'No, no, no.' Taehyung muttered as he grabbed the keys, they clinked together as he held them loosely with his shaking hands.

Taegeuk ran to the car as Taehyung unlocked it and got in, still with her teddy and thin blanket in hand.

The engine roared as he pulled out of the driveway and onto the road with his eyes shooting everywhere while his heart sat throbbing on his sleeve.

'Where did he go...' Taehyung said through gritted teeth.

'We always found him at bus stops, just like yesterday, and all the other times he ran away.' Taegeuk said as she leaned out the window.

'Bus stop, right.' Taehyung said with a nod as he tightened his grip on the steering wheel.

Taegeuk closed her eyes and allowed the cold night air to pick up her loose strands of hair as well as hit her face gently and run past her cheeks, turning them red from the icy pinches.

'Wind the window up,' Taehyung said as he kept his eyes forward, 'I'll turn the heat on.'

'But I'm not cold, it's nice.' Taegeuk said as she opened her eyes and pulled herself back inside the car, obeying Taehyung and winding up the window with a long sigh.

'You are just like your mother.' Taehyung smiled.

'How?' Taegeuk asked and tilted her head, moving closer to Taehyung, watching him from the backseat.

'She liked- likes the cold,' Taehyung began, 'when we were younger she loved walking through the forest in winter, going to the lake to ice skate, she loved eating ice cream and frozen yoghurt even though it was cold outside. She never cared because she loved it.'

Taegeuk smiled at Taehyung, as she leaned around and watched his face as he spoke, 'You have that spark in your eyes, the smile on your face, and the chime in your voice,' she whispered, 'it's how she was when she would talk about you.'

Taehyung's smile of happiness faded to a smile of sadness, he breathed deeply and adjusted his grip on the steering wheel.

'She talked about me?'

Taegeuk nodded, 'Mhm, she told us every story behind the photos and items in the box.'

'That's all she told you?'

'Yeah.' Taegeuk answered

'She didn't tell you about the accident?' Taehyung asked.

'What accident?' Taegeuk asked and watched the night lights flash by as she sunk into the seat.