Part One

Not your typical fanfic.

Read with an open mind.

You have been warned.

The knocking on the door was persistent.

Taehyung rubbed his eyes and pulled the blankets off him, slowly making his way through his empty house to the front door.

He opened the door to the face of an unfamiliar woman.

'Mr Kim Taehyung?' The woman spoke with a smile.

Taehyung yawned and ruffled his morning bed hair, nodding, 'Yes, that's me. Can I help you?'

'My name is Lee Minsoo,' she smiled, 'I am a social worker, I take care of single parents with children. Is this a bad time? We have much to discuss.'

Taehyung looked at her confused, unsure of why a social worker would be asking for him, 'No, it's okay. Please, come in.' Taehyung said as he opened the door wider and allowed the woman to enter.

'What a nice home you have.' She smiled and followed Taehyung through the entrance hall to the lounge where they both took a seat each.

'Thank you,' He smiled, 'would you like anything? Coffee? Tea? Water?'

'No, thank you,' the social worker smiled, 'I have very important business to discuss with you.'

'Regarding what? Exactly.' Taehyung asked.

The social worker took a deep breath and opened her briefcase before pulling out two files with photos.

'Your children, Mr Kim.'

Taehyung leaned back into the couch, the edges of his view dimmed and his heart sunk.

'Children...' He whispered, 'my children...but I don't have any children-'

'Pardon me, sir, but your name was on their legal guardian papers.'

Taehyung shook his head, 'That can't be right,' he laughed nervously, 'I haven't- well, I have, but I've been careful every time. There's no way.'

'Sir,' the woman laughed, 'I don't need an explanation about your....interactions with the opposite sex. I'm just here to talk about your children.'

Taehyung still couldn't wrap his mind around the fact that somewhere along the line he got a woman pregnant, 'Who...who's their mother?'

'Miss Allison Park.' The woman said with a sudden softened voice, 'you do know what happened to her, correct?'

Taehyung was in a dazed state, in disbelief.

'But that...that was ten years ago, ten years ago,' His voice turned to a whisper, 'what happened to her?'

'Sir, I'm sorry to say this,' the woman began, 'but she's missing, she's been missing for a week.'

Taehyung's heart dropped, 'A week? Where have the children been for the whole week?' His voice was shaky and his eyes widened in fear.

'They were home by themselves, the neighbour visited and noticed their mother wasn't there, that's when they called us,' the woman said as she leaned forward, 'your name was on their legal documents, she added your name a few days before she disappeared.'

Taehyung sunk deeper into his couch, the world around him swirled and the edges of his view blurred once again.

Why didn't she tell me? All these years.

'Kim Taehyung,' the woman pushed through his daze, 'we will need to take some DNA samples, although we already have the official statement from her that you are their biological father.'

'Oh, sure, yes of course,' he stuttered and leaned forward, resting his elbows on his thighs, 'what samples did you need? When do you want them?'

'We can sort out a time when you can come in and provide us with the samples, and we will inform you of what samples we require.'

'Oh, alright,' Taehyung nodded and leaned back, 'how old are they?'

'They're ten years old, both of them,' she answered, 'they're twins.'

Taehyungs eyes widened further, 'Twins?' He exhaled.

The woman nodded with a smile, 'One boy and one girl.'

The social worker pulled out a photograph and laid it on the coffee table, it was a formal photo of Alli with the twins, and no husband.

Taehyung leaned forward slowly, his throat began to ache and his heart shook at the sight of her face, she looked older but still very much the same, and still very beautiful.

He noticed that it was only the three of them in the photo.

'Alli...she never married?' Taehyung asked, with his eyes still on the photograph.

The social worker shook her head, 'I believe so. There hasn't been a male name on any legal documents of hers or her children's, except for yours, recently.'

Taehyungs throat ached even more and a heavy feeling weighed in his chest.

His eyes then travelled over to young boy with a wide grin, Taehyung couldn't help but smile at how much the little boy looked like him when he smiled.

His eyes then rested on the little girl, her face was serene, she was shorter than the boy, and looked like a feminine version of himself, except she had Alli's eyes and long hair.

Taehyung ran his fingers through his messy bed hair, 'What are their names?'

The social worker smiled and looked down at the photograph.

'Your sons name is Taekwon, and your daughters name is Taegeuk.'

[A/N: I hope you guys enjoy this story!!!

P.S: I'm not sure if I gave Alli a last name...but Alli Park fits so I chose that to be her last name XD]