Part Twenty-Eight

Thanks for being so patient! Here's a quick update, sorry if there's mistakes.
By the way, I made an Instagram :) you can follow me at @/xiiixiimcmxcvi - I make edits and follow back kpop accounts :)

Hope you enjoy!

The air outside was brisk and cunning as the clouds began to gather and turn dark.

Detective Wolfe walked down the hallway of the forensics lab holding results from the clothing that were identified to be Ali's.

He looked down at the results and sighed before entering the outside world.

'Anything?' Park asked Wolfe as he leaned against the wall outside the station.

Wolfe extended the results to Park, who pulled his back up off the wall and grabbed the piece of paper while following behind Wolfe to the car.

'Traces of hair, skin, and blood,' Wolfe answered, 'but they don't match anyone in the system,' he said as he turned around to face Park and slowly walked backwards towards the car, 'Besides one of the victims, who was arrested for a few unrelated petty crimes in the past but was let off the hook after 19 hours of community service.' Wolfe turned back around and swung his car keys around his finger, making his way towards the drivers seat.

'Why are we even doing this?' Park asked.

Wolfe sighed and stopped in his tracks before turning around to face Park who also stopped.

'You know why we have to.' Wolfe answered as he placed one hand in his jacket pocket.

Park avoided Wolfe's gaze and walked ahead of him, 'It just doesn't make any sense, we don't need to be going through all of this just to play along in this- whatever the hell is going on.'

'This is our job, these people have been murdered and although we are trying to find the missing girl we still have these murders that need to be solved.' Wolfe barked at Park before signing, 'I understand that working this case is affecting you, she was your cousin, I know, and you still have the choice to back out of it to avoid your personal feelings towards it.'

Park lowered his head and walked towards the car, avoiding Wolfes hard gaze, 'I'm not backing out, I have to do this because they are family.'

Wolfe nodded slowly and exhaled, 'We just need to let everything run its course,' Wolfe continued as he followed behind Park, 'you can never tell when everything will all of a sudden go south.'

'What did the psychologists say?' Park asked, slowly down his pace.

'We're doing the right thing,' Wolfe answered, 'what we're doing will protect Kim Taehyung, and ourselves for however long it takes until the truth is... Revealed.'

The clouds overhead gathered and darkened the sky, draping a dark grey blanket of clouds above them as they hurried into the car.

Growls were heard from among the clouds and Wolfe glanced out the front window of his car before sighing and starting the engine, why is it always raining?

Hours passed by.

The two detectives were back at the station working through their case alongside a team of officers and investigators that also had a hand in the investigation of the murders.