Part Twelve

'Rise and shine my sleeping beauties.' Taehyung chimed as he yawned and rubbed his eyes open to see Taekwon face down and sprawled out along the end of his king size bed.

Taegeuk was beside Taehyung, snuggled into one of the pillows, beginning to wake up.

Taekwon groaned, 'It's sleeping handsomies for me,' He grumbled before snapping his head up and looking at Taehyung through squinted, tired eyes, 'wait, that doesn't make any sense, handsomies isn't even a word...' He trailed off before falling back down.

Taehyung laughed and pulled his body up before getting out of bed. Taegeuk slowly pulled the blankets off herself and crawled over to Taekwon before laying beside him and staring at the ceiling in a tired daze.

They had slept in the same bed that night, per Taegeuk's request. Taekwon had protested against it but eventually gave in, secretly enjoying the closeness their little family had.

Giving in to the tiredness he continued to feel, Taehyung fell back onto the bed and pulled Taekwon and Taegeuk into his arms, neither one of them bothered to escape his grip, causing them to rest their heads on Taehyung's chest and closing their eyes.

'We used to sleep with mom a lot,' Taegeuk whispered, 'we were so close, the three of us.'

Taekwon opened his eyes and looked at his sister, 'But we knew something was missing, we didn't feel complete,' His eyes travelled up Taehyung's shirt before resting on Taehyung's eyes, 'and now we know that what was missing, was you.'

Taehyung withdrew his gaze and stared at the ceiling.

'Now she's missing,' Taekwon whispered and pulled away from Taehyung's grip, 'and I feel that emptiness again, but now a little bit more than before.'

Taehyung's hands travelled up each of the twins arms and gently rubbed their heads, he kissed each of them on the forehead and returned his eyes to the ceiling.

'I know,' Taehyung whispered, 'I feel it too, I've been feeling it for years, ten years to be exact.'

Taegeuk wriggled beneath his grip, 'Why couldn't you have just stayed with mom?'

Taehyung sighed, 'It's more complicated than you think.'

'Don't tell her,' Taekwon began, 'she probably wouldn't understand anyway, she's slow.'

Taegeuk rose quickly from beneath Taehyung's grip and glared at Taekwon who quickly closed his eyes and smirked.

'Hey, hey.' Taehyung smiled and lightly pulled Taegeuk back into his arms.

'What are we doing today?' Taekwon asked.

'Well, I haven't finished the story yet.' Taehyung answered.

'Right!' Taegeuk squirmed and sat up, 'what happened next?'

Taekwon squeezed out of Taehyung's grip and rolled over onto his stomach, allowing his arm to dangle off the side of the bed.

Taehyung thought hard, 'I don't actually remember,' he laughed, 'I only remember the beginning and the end.'

'Moms box!' Taegeuk said as she jumped off the bed and ran out of the room.

Taehyung sat up, as did Taekwon and in a matter of seconds Taegeuk was back on the bed and opened the box, beginning to sprawl out the photographs.

With furrowed eyebrows and her hand resting on her chin, Taegeuk's eyes darted from each photo and began to make a timeline of all the photos.

'Here are the photos from the frozen yoghurt place,' she said as she placed a few photos to the side, 'look at them, look at all the photos and tell me what you remember doing next.'