Part Thirty-One

The window was open, allowing a rush of cold air to flow through the room.

Taehyung's skin crawled as he slowly paced back and forth, almost dragging his bare feet across the carpet of her room. Wishing, praying, hoping for a miracle, and looking for a sign of where she might have gone.

Her unkempt bed sat still in the cool breeze, her bedside lamp still lit up from the night she disappeared remained untouched, as did her dresser - covered in items of her clothing. Not an overly unusual sight for a child, but definitely something worth investigating considering she wasn't one to leave a mess such as that. A plate or two on the bench, maybe, but never her clothes sprawled out and spewing from the dresser.

Taehyung froze and raised an eyebrow at her messy dresser, 'This can't be right.' He whispered and brought his hand to his chin.

He then pulled his attention from the dresser and to her closet, it was cracked open and swaying lightly in the breeze making a small squeak each time the wind pushed on it, a sound Taehyung hadn't noticed until now.

Feeling a sudden rush, he dashed towards the closet and swung it open with vigour pulsing through his veins, hoping it was all just a big misunderstanding, hoping that she was in her closet sleeping. But as he opened the door he noticed he was wrong.

Nothing. Nothing but a small blanket, her teddy, and a pillow from her bed laid on the floor of the closet. Seeing this caused Taehyung's heart to shake, the way she must have felt to have curled away in her closet.

This is my fault.

Taehyung slammed the door of the closet to a hard close and burst into tears, anything and everything was passing through his mind at that moment. But the only thing that his mind managed to repeat was, my fault, all my fault.

Taekwon heard the slam of the closet door and tiptoed down the hallway to peak through her bedroom door, only to see Taehyung in a fit of madness.

He threw her clothes across the room, yanked out the cord of the lamp and smashed the bulb against the wall, sending shards of glass and chemicals across her bed.

Out of fright, Taekwon reeled back and ran back down the hallway and into his room, slamming the door behind him and pushing his back against it, afraid that Taehyung would take out his anger on him.

Taehyung hadn't noticed that Taekwon was there and gone. In his rage nothing was present, not even himself. He felt as though he had left his body and was spectating from a close distance, he didn't feel like himself.

He continued to kick everything in his path, smash the bedside tables against the wall, and slam the closet door until it shattered sending wood shards into his skin.

Taehyung, now in pain and even more furious, with full force he sent his foot through the wall. Feeling satisfied with his moment of destruction he let go of his body and fell to the floor.

All my fault.

Taehyung closed his eyes for what only felt like a few seconds before he felt multiple hands gripping tightly and pulling him to his feet. At the feeling of being touched his body jolted and his eyes shot open.

'Let me go!' He screamed, the three officers tried to hold him still but he refused.

'Sir! Do not resist!' One officer yelled just before the other officer read him his rights. Taehyung continued to fight back and resist arrest, causing the officers to apply more force as they dragged him to the hallway.