Part Twenty-Four

Taehyung sat in the living room with Detective Wolfe whilst the twins waited upstairs with nerves and worry coursing through their bodies.

Taehyung took a deep breath and exhaled, avoiding Wolfe's gaze, 'What happened?' He said with a lowered voice as he slowly raised his eyes, 'did you find her? Is she okay?' Taehyung spoke with a tone of voice that knew nothing good would come out of asking that question.

Wolfe looked Taehyung in the eye with a stern look, 'A body was found this morning.' He stated simply and held their gaze, Taehyung sighed and felt his throat begin to burn as he lowered his eyes once more, breaking the eye contact.

'But,' Wolfe said quickly, 'it wasn't her, it wasn't Allison.'

Taehyung couldn't relax, he was still on edge about everything, his voice broke and his wet eyes met Wolfe's, he hesitated before asking, 'Who was it?' He managed to say.

'It was no one close to her, the twins, Taesung, or you,' Wolfe began, 'it was just your ordinary everyday person that just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. But, that isn't what I'm here to talk to you about.'

'Then what is it?' Taehyung said as he began to grow with frustration.

'It's about this,' Wolfe said as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a photograph, 'this was found in the pocket of the victim.'

Wolfe placed the photograph on the coffee table and slid it towards Taehyung who, with a shaky hand, picked it up.

'What is it?' Taehyung asked as his voice shook.

'It's a photo of a letter from our mystery murderer,' Wolfe stated, 'if you read it, it mentions Allison.'

Don't try to find her.
If you do, this will be her fate. Don't ruin it for any of us, don't ruin it for me.
Alli is mine and mine forever.

Shivers ran down Taehyung's spine as he read those words, his skin crawled and turned pale, his throat stung harder and his head started to ache as his stomach twisted into a knot. He felt completely, and utterly sick to his core.

'The body was found in this alley way,' Wolfe said as he pulled out a series of photos, it was the same alley they had gone to retrieve the flowers, 'we also checked the security cameras and saw that you were there with the twins not too long ago, why were you there, Taehyung?'

Taehyung sat in silence with his mind scratching scrawls against his skull, 'Wait, why are you asking me why I was there? Did you get any footage of the person that actually committed the crime?!' He said with his frustration beginning to grow, avoiding Wolfe's question.

'The footage had been tampered with around the time the crime occurred,' Wolfe stated with honest eyes as Taehyung sat before him beginning to sweat, 'the only person in the many hours of footage that stuck out to us was you, so why were you there?'

Taehyung shook his head, not knowing what to say.

'I know how silly I must sound asking these questions but I'm just doing my job, Mr.Kim, I hope you can understand that.'

Taehyung began to breathe heavily, 'We're doing a hunt.' He muttered.

'A hunt? What kind of hunt?'

'A hunt, scavenger hunt, whatever you want to call it,' Taehyung spat, he allowed himself to breathe before continuing, 'she set it up for me, Alli did, years ago but I never knew, she didn't end up giving it to me,' Taehyung began, 'it was for one of our anniversaries, just before the accident.'

'What accident?'

Taehyung sighed, 'Long story.'

Wolfe nodded slowly and watched Taehyung's expressions.