Part Twenty-Six

Detective Wolfe and his partner, Detective Park, made their way towards the forensics unit across the city. Wolfe was behind the drivers wheel of his car and his partner sat in the passengers seat, watching the city pass by as he listened to the classical music on the radio.

Wolfe extended his arm and turned the volume down before speaking, 'Who do you think it is?' Wolfe asked as he pulled his arm back and returned his grip onto the steering wheel whilst he kept his eyes on the road.

Park, still watching the buildings pass by, slowly panned his eyes across the front window of the car before meeting the side of Wolfe's face - thinking of the possible suspects whilst doing so.

Park sighed and shook his head, 'I don't actually know,' he admitted, 'but I do suspect Taesung, although I know I shouldn't..there could be another person in the mix that we haven't met yet.'

Wolfe nodded his head in agreement, 'I may be biased, but I don't think Taesung would do this. It was most likely someone we don't know about yet...'

As the silence between the two lingered, rain began to fall from the heavy dark clouds and thundered against the outside of the car. Wolfe sighed and glanced down at his crisp white shirt.

Park chuckled and leaned down, pulling out an umbrella from beneath the seat, 'I got you covered, boss.'

'When did that get there?' Wolfe laughed.

'I know you never carry an umbrella on you, so I put one here until you might have needed one.' Park answered.

Wolfe shook his head with a laugh as Park gave him a smug look, 'You aren't too bad, Park.'

Detective Wolfe pulled into the stations carpark and pulled on his black coat, Detective Park got out of the car and opened the umbrella before running over to Wolfe's now open door. The two of them walked towards the station, the glass doors slid open to the side and they entered.

Wolfe took the lead and went down a long hallway with doors on either side. The sound of their shoes slapping against the plastic floor echoed and bounced along the walls. They soon arrived at the last door and he swiped his card, the doors opened and they stepped in.

'Ah, Detective Wolfe,' an ageing man said in a grumbled voice as he pulled off a pair of gloves and stepped away from the table he was working at, 'you look older every time I see you.' He laughed and gestured towards Wolfe's hair, he wasn't wrong, the barely noticeable grey streaks running through Wolfe's dark hair were growing more prominent. But as agile and as young he looked, he couldn't deny that he was older than his appearance showed.

Park held in a laugh, keeping his professional posture, also because he knew if he had laughed at that comment then Wolfe would be on his back about it.

Wolfe forced a laugh, 'Calling me old won't make you any younger.' he shot back with a smirk.

The man laughed as he lightly hit Wolfe's arm, 'It's good to see ya, boy.'

'It's good to see you too, sir.' Wolfe said with a smile, 'this is my partner, Detective Park. He's fairly new so go easy on him.'

'Ah, yes I don't believe we have met before,' the old man began as he extended his hand to Park, 'Doctor Walter Wolfe, his uncle, and the best damn forensic medical examiner in the business,' He said with a chuckle, 'but so you don't get confused, you can just call me Doctor.'