Part Fifteen

[A/N: Thank you to everyone who wished me good luck for my exams!

Enjoy.]

The cobbled path slapped against the bottom of their shoes as the three walked side by side down the open alley way.

Smells of every flavour, perfume, and scent of flower drifted in the gentle breeze as they passed numerous cafes, boutiques, and various flower stores.

Freshly baked bread and the smell of newly brewed coffee swayed with every breath of the wind and twirled with the light scents of flowers, creating an aroma that could only be described as heaven.

Wide eyed, the twins glanced all around them and took every aspect of their new surroundings in. The open alley way was quaint, yet magnificent in nature, the feeling it gave them by just being there was overwhelmingly beautiful. From the architecture of the buildings down to the old cobbled path with daisies growing in between the loose stones, even the cracks on the side of the exterior walls had their own sense of beauty to them.

The sights, smells, and lively hood of the alley way soon faded. Silence overcame them and the only aroma remaining were those of flowers, roses in particular. White, pink, and red roses layered the outside of a small and secluded flower store.

Taegeuk held up the photograph and closed one eye, matching the photograph to the store beyond her.

'This is the one!' She said with a smile and turned to look up at Taehyung.

'Are you sure?' Taekwon asked as he took the photo off her and held it up, also closing one eye and matching it, 'oh, yup, this is it!'

Taehyung took a deep breath, 'Are we ready?' He asked as his eyes glided from Taegeuk to Taekwon, each greeting him with a nod of their heads.

'But...' Taekwon began.

'Not "but's"!' Taehyung said as he lightly pinched Taekwon's arm, 'we've come this far already!'

'But what if she doesn't remember? It's been way too long.' Taekwon continued.

Taehyung sighed and placed both arms around each twin, 'We'll just have to take a chance and see, even if there isn't anything here for me- for us, then it doesn't matter, we're still having an adventure! We're still having fun!' Taehyung grinned.

'I guess,' Taekwon said, 'lets go in then.'

With each twin on his arm, Taehyung began to walk towards the closed door with an open sign on it.

'You go in first!' Taekwon said as he let go of Taehyung and stood behind him, pushing onto Taehyung's back.

'I am, I am.' Taehyung laughed and opened the door.

The air inside was still and thick with the fresh smell of flowers lingering as the door bell chimed and echoed through the small store.

An old woman slowly pushed herself through the doors opposing the entrance, her frail arms turned the wheels of her wheelchair and soon picked up the glasses on her lap before placing them on her face.

'Hello.' She said with a warm smile and glisten of life in her eyes.

'Hello, ma'am.' Taehyung returned with a smile.

'Hi.' The twins said shyly.

'Can I help you with anything?' She asked, 'are you helping daddy choose flowers for mommy?' She asked the twins with a cheeky smile.

'Yes, actually,' Taehyung began, 'I was wondering if you had bouquet number thirteen.'

At those words, the old woman reeled back in surprise, 'Why, yes...' She said with a delicate voice and wheeled herself to the back of the counter, 'I do have it.'

Taegeuk's mouth rose to a wide grin and her eyes flooded with excitement as she looked up at Taehyung who stood in disbelief.

'It's been so long,' the old woman began, 'I still remember the young woman who brought it in, I was expecting it to be picked up a few days after she dropped it off. But no one ever claimed it,' the old woman placed the bouquet on her lap and wheeled back around to face Taehyung, 'and now here you are.' She giggled and handed the bouquet to Taehyung.

'For ten years I've been changing the flowers, hoping you would come and pick them up, and you finally did.' She smiled.

Taehyung pushed the flowers aside to find an old card, although it felt much heavier than an ordinary card.

'What is it?' Taegeuk asked as she stood on her tip toes, Taehyung lowered the bouquet and pulled out the card, opening it.

"Here's the key to my heart, guard it well."

Attached to the card by a string through a hole was a silver antique key.

'This must open the box!' Taekwon said with wide eyes.

'It must do,' Taehyung whispered before reeling back and raising his head with a smile to the old woman, 'thank you, thank you so much.' He bowed.

'Thank you!' Taegeuk and Taekwon said in unison as they bowed also.

The old woman bowed her head and waved them a goodbye.

With a smile on his face and love in his heart Taehyung was out the door and into the cool breeze with a new found sense of hope and a warmth in his heart that he hadn't felt in so long.

'We can open the box now!' Taehyung grinned widely as his lively eyes sparked.

'But the box is the last one on the scavenger hunt! We can't spoil the end!' Taekwon said as he followed behind Taehyung, trying to keep up with his fast excited steps.

Taehyung's steps began to slow, 'You're right, we can't spoil the ending, can we?'

Taegeuk looked up at her father and frowned as she shook her head, 'Mama put everything in order for a reason, I think we should find that reason.'

Taehyung sighed, 'I guess we should.' He smiled and linked arms with the twins, still holding the bouquet of flowers in his hands.

Taehyung and the twins were serene and at peace as they walked back down the alley way and enjoyed the sights, sounds, and smells that danced around them.

He started to feel a sense of familiarity, no memories came rushing back, but a feeling of warmth wrapped around him like a thick feathery blanket.

In that moment, all he could do was smile.