Part Five

Why didn't you stay?

Those soft and innocent words haunted Taehyung all night long.

The years had passed by so slowly he had forgotten the reason why they parted. All he remembered was that she moved, they spoke now and then but eventually lost contact soon after. Also due to the accidents in the past his memories were patchy, he couldn't differentiate between dream memories and real memories, so he didn't bother to try recall anything from the past.

His life picked up once again and Alli became a distant memory he would never forget. But everything surrounding the memory of her had faded due to the pace of his life.

The sun slipped through the crack in the curtain and slowly began to fill the room with light.

'Appa,' a small voice whispered and seeped through Taehyungs unconsciousness, 'appa, we have school.'

Taegeuk pulled at the blankets covering Taehyung, he rubbed his eyes and slowly pulled his body up.

'You need to take us to school.' Taekwon stated as he stood at the end of Taehyungs bed.

Taehyung looked over at the clock, the red numbers beamed 8:34am.

'Oh shi-'

'We're going to be late!' Taegeuk squealed.

Taehyung pulled the blankets off him and quickly rose to his feet, 'Keys, keys,' he muttered as he ran down the stairs, 'breakfast! Did you have breakfast?!' He said as he stopped in the entrance hall and looked at the kids with hard eyes.

'We had food from last night.' Taekwon answered as he walked down the stairs.

'Lunch! Your lunch!' Taehyung said in a frustrated tone, rushing to the kitchen.

'Leftovers, again.' Taekwon answered.

'Are you sure? I can give you money to buy your lunch.' Taehyung said before entering the kitchen, he then rushed as he yanked on a jacket and checked the pockets for change.

'We're fine,' Taekwon stated, 'we just need a ride.'

Taehyung took a deep breath and slowed his pace, his head was swirling and his throat stung.

'I'm sorry,' Taehyung whispered, 'I'm sorry I'm not being a good father.'

Taekwon walked over to Taehyung and placed his hand on his arm, 'It's okay, I understand. It's your first day, we can take care of ourselves. We just need a ride to school...that's all.'

Taehyung ran his fingers through his hair and grabbed the keys from the table, 'Alright, let's go.'

'The social worker said she enrolled us in a new school, since we live in a new town.' Taekwon said as he held his bag straps and walked behind Taehyung to the car.

'Oh, right,' Taehyung muttered, 'of course.'

'Do you know where it is?' Taekwon said with a raised eyebrow.

Taehyung paused and allowed a sketch of the city map to form in his head, 'Of course I do...'

'Alright then.' Taekwon smirked and sat back in his seat.

Taehyung dropped the kids off at school and watched them until they disappeared through the doors.

He drove back home to find the boys waiting there for him, without their children.

'What are you guys doing here?' Taehyung asked as he stepped out of his truck.

'Just checking up on you,' Jin said with a straight face, 'to see how you're going with the kids.'

'They're at school now.'

'As we thought.' Jin said with a nod.

'Come inside.' Taehyung said as he gestured to them all, they followed him through the doors and into the entrance hall, closing the front door behind them.

'Have they talked about Alli? Said anything about her?' Namjoon asked, he was the most curious of them all.

'Do we really need to talk about her?' Jin said as he rolled his eyes.

'No,' Taehyung said as he lead them to the living room couches, 'they haven't said much about her, but they have the box.'

'The box?' Jimin said with a raised eyebrow.

Taehyung nodded, 'Yeah, the box she sunk in the lake.'

'She got it out?'

He nodded again, 'I remember her telling me, she went in the summer and someone got it out for her. That was around the same time we stopped talking, no real explanation.'

'Can we see it?' Jimin asked as he leaned closer.

'Taegeuk put it somewhere,' Taehyung began, 'I don't know where, and I don't know why but she's glued to it. Always keeps it with her, for all I know she's probably taken it to school with her.'

'Isn't that cute!' Hoseok said with a smile as he slitted his eyes.

Everyone laughed then leaned back into the couches.

'So, what are we going to do today?' Yoongi asked.

'I need to sort out their bedrooms, if you guys want to help?'

Jin slowly stood up and began walking to the door, 'I have other commitments, I'll see you later.'

'Okay...' Namjoon dragged on, 'I'll help.'

'I will too.' Jimin said as he stood up and grinned.

Taehyung looked over to Yoongi, Jungkook, and Hoseok.

'We'll help too...' Yoongi groaned and got to his feet.

'Thanks.' Taehyung grinned and lead them upstairs.

-

The school bell rang after lunch.

Taegeuk packed her bag and went back to class, Taekwon stood outside the classroom and waved at Taegeuk.

Taegeuk went running towards him with a confused look on her face, 'Where are you going?'

'I'm going somewhere else, okay?'

Taegeuk grabbed his arm and looked at him with sad eyes, 'You can't leave.'

Taekwon leaned closer to her and whispered.

'I'm going to find mom.'

[A/N: In this story, I haven't mentioned it nor will I, Jin is married, Namjoon is married, Jimin is married, Yoongi is in a relationship, Jungkook is in a relationship, Hoseok is in a relationship, and Taehyung is single. But I will not be mentioning any of their partners because they aren't crucial to this story.]