Part Eighteen

The ride to the house was slow and hellish due to the sudden thundering rain.

Silent sighs of their fading hope released into the now coldair that surrounded them in the car.

'Destination on the left.' Spoke the gps, Taehyung pulled up to a house and killed the engine before turning around to wake Taegeuk up. Although the ride wasn't as long as their original destination, Taegeuk had fallen asleep; something she always did, car rides caused her body to become tired due to the lack of motion which then resulted in her falling asleep.

'This is it.' Taekwon whispered as he stared out the window through the racing raindrops, his warm breath slowly fogged a patch of the window before he turned to meet Taehyung's eyes.

Taehyung sighed and rubbed Taegeuk's knee, 'Geukkie, wake up,' he said softly, 'we're here.'

Taegeuk slowly wriggled awake and battered her sleepy eyes, regaining her consciousness, 'We're at the beach already?' She whispered.

Taehyung shook his head, 'We're at your house.'

Taegeuk unbuckled her seatbelt and pulled herself over to the window and squinted through the rain, 'It looks so sad.' She said with lingering tiredness in her voice.

'Are you sure you want to go back in?' Taehyung asked the twins and sat back in his seat.

Taekwon nodded, 'We want to show you those photos, and maybe some videos if we can find them.'

'Yeah.' Taegeuk smiled warmly.

'Alright,' Taehyung said as he pulled off his jacket and put it over his head, 'I'll run around the car and you two can get under my jacket so we don't get too wet, okay? Get ready!' He smiled before leaving into the rain.

Taehyung ran around to the other side of the car where Taekwon and Taegeuk were waiting with their doors cracked open.

Now shivering due to the cold air, Taehyung rested the jacket on his head and quickly pulled the twins under his arms, Taegeuk squealed lightly and put the jacket over her head, as did Taekwon. Taehyung continued to run through the pounding rain and onto the porch of their original home.

The wooden panels of the porch squeaked with each light step towards the door, Taehyung let go of the twins and they all stood and stared at the front door.

Before the door was an array of letters, notes, long since burned out candles, photos of Alli with the twins and friends in photo frames, and flowers, some still alive and blossoming, and some which had wilted away.

'Why is all this here?' Taegeuk whispered as she turned her attention to Taehyung.

'I-I don't know.' Taehyung whispered back through the sound of the rain, although he did know why. He didn't want the twins to be anymore saddened than they already were.

Taekwon bit his lower lip to stop it from quivering, 'This is stupid.' He said with a hardened voice as he kicked a browned bouquet of flowers as an attempt to make a path to the front door.

'Taekwon,' Taehyung sighed as he followed behind and placed his hand on his shoulder, 'this isn't stupid, they just don't know where she is and this is how they're coping with that.'

'Well, it's a stupid way to cope with it,' Taekwon spat as he pushed away candles, letters, and photo frames, 'she isn't dead,' He looked Taehyung in the eyes with a harsh look, 'I know she isn't, she's a strong woman, she would fight so damn hard for herself and us. She wouldn't just give up. She's still alive.'

Taehyung inhaled deeply, the smell of rain water on concrete mixed with dying flowers and the smell of wet wood stung his nose before he exhaled. He didn't know what to say or how to react to Taekwon's words, so he didn't say anything at all.