Chapter 8- Ride Home

Valeria's POV
This is like my dream come true. I am in a car with Anna Maynard, my best friend, Conor Maynard, and the guy that I have had a crush on for months. And I am next to him. This is so weird, just being here. I am just a 16 year old, in London. Doing her passion, YouTube. But being weird is not the only thing, it is soooo cool. I am so close to Brighton, to YouTube. And now I can finally have the opportunity to work in amazing projects that I couldn't work before being in Spain. I mean, don't get me wrong, I am as much Spanish as I am German, not as much as I am Welsh though...

Being this whole evening with these 5 people. Bare in mind that I have just met 4 of these. For some reason feels like I've known them for longer. Specially Jack, he has been so nice and kind this whole journey. He is as much good looking as he is a good person. This is definitely my favourite day EVER. Olivia is giving Conor the directions to get to my house. I don't know it yet, so.... Meanwhile Jack and I are having our talk, that I am really into right now...

Jack: so, tell me a bit more about you.
Me: like what? I have told you pretty much every single thing.
Jack: not really. Love interests? YouTube? Fave YouTuber?
Me: oh, right. I had to break up with my... almost boyfriend, Borja, before I came here. Well, he broke up with me. I was going to anyway.
Jack: how long were you seeing each other for?
Me: not long, just a few weeks. Anyway, YouTube, I have been in it for 2 and a half years. I have, don't be annoyed-
Jack: why would I be annoyed? Hang on, have you got more subscribers than me?
Me: I am glad to say I have, just above 200k more. But don't let that bring you down. You are an amazing YouTuber.
Jack: as amazing to be your favourite?
Me: how did you know? In this car only Ol knows it. What the hell?
Jack: remember that video you did a while ago, with Ol actually, where you did the "best friend 1 2 3" tag?
Me: tell me you didn't watch it... Please.
Jack: nope, that would be lying and my mum always told me to tell the truth. Plus, how didn't you wanted to see it if you tweeted me and Caspar that video so many times...
Me: dunno, I thought I had deleted the tweets. Looks like I didn't.
Jack: yeah. Oh and, it's my favourites now... Sorry
Me: are you joking?
Jack: my name is not joking... Is Jack. Close enough. Is that all you have to say?
Me: what else do you want me to say? Oh, I have a sister, she's younger though. She is 10 in one month. She is a summer baby, I wish I was... I am a March one though... I haven't told you about my favourite thing in the world.
Jack: what is it then? Tell me.
Me: if I explain, it's not as exciting as seeing it. But anyway, it's a tradition we have in Valencia-
Jack: Val-where?
Me: haha, Valencia. Where I am from. Born and raised.
Jack: oh yeah, forgot you told me earlier... Sorry.
Me: guess you ain't a good listener...  Anyway, it's called Fallas. It's literally the best thing there is, in the entire world.
Jack: Fallas? What a weird name. And what's it about? Sounds interesting.
Me: guess you can see it when it comes...
Jack: is it soon? You got me interested...
Me: a bit after my birthday... I just said the month, you remember right?
Jack: yeah, I'm not SUCH a bad listener... It on March. But what day?
Me: my birthday is actually a Math formula, that's how I like to see it as.
Jack: what? A formula? What do mean with that?
Me: yeah, well in the Spanish order, not the English way. So our way is day-month-year, the last two numbers. So guess the day.
Jack: you're making this hard for me... I wasn't good at Math... Okay, so March is number 3, and you were no orn in the year 2000... So, do you, like, get rid of 3 each time? Like the 6th of 3rd of 00?
Me: yeah! See it's easy...
Jack: I guess, but do I really have to wait for almost a year to know what the Fallas is?
Me: ah... Sorry.