Falling In Love With My Enemy's Brother (Chapter Fourteen)

CHAPTER 14

(A/N: Thank you guys for waiting so long. The evil finals have been concurred; it is now time for the new chapter!)

Matt led me downstairs, to the right, and then we kept walking until we reached a BIG ornate door.

I gave a small gulp, and Matt looked at me, worried, "You okay?"

I could lie to him, and sooth his worries, but if this guy was going to be my boyfriend, he had to learn how to handle the few panic attacks a usually calm girl like me has.

And trust me, when a calm girl has a panic attack, it's like no other panic attack you've ever seen.

"No." I mumbled, and I could already feel the tears pricking at the corner of my eyes, "Matt I'm scared. What if... what if they don't like me?"

Matt shrugged, "Then we forget them, runaway, and elope. I was thinking Vegas... I have some connections there, but I also have connections elsewhere so if you want something more serious we can go to Hawaii... but don't count on it, 'cause Sylvia might still be bitter..."

"Matt I'm serious!" I whispered harshly, ignoring the fact that he had mentioned having connections with some other girl.

"So am I." he said, deadly serious now, "Sam, I don't know if you know this but I like you. A lot. Nothing is going to change that. Which reminds me... will you go out with me? Because if this whole thing with my parents goes south then I think it would be wrong to elope without us even going out."

At this I managed a faint smile, "Yes. I'll go out with you."

"Sweet." He said, before leaning in and kissing me, "Now I don't want any other boys but me touching those lips... understand Mrs. Rathmell."

"Yes-sir!" I giggled.

"'Kay, now let's go in."

When he said this, my face paled again, my stomach twisting into knots. I know Matt said he would like me no matter what his parents said, but... I didn't want to mess up things for him at home.

Though, I shouldn't think about that. Whatever happens happens. I nodded to Matt, who twisted the door handle, and the door swung in to reveal...

(JUST KIDDING! :D YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN YOU'RE FACE! LOL! Anyways...)

...and the door swung in to reveal a setting that I would have never imagined. The room was large with big windows, illuminating the room with the afternoon sunlight slanting across the floor.

The furniture was all antique. Tall wooden bookcases leaned against walls, and a little ornately carved table was in the middle of three chairs and couch.

All and all, a light, airy and elegant place, which I didn't think was freaking possible. Apparently it was.

Then I noticed the table was covered with a white silk tablecloth, and a china tea set. "What's with the table?" I asked Matt.

He opened his mouth to respond, but instead of his voice, a woman's voice answered my question. "Well I was thinking we could share a little bit of tea... I just adore tea."

I spun around and my eyes met with Serafina... or so I thought. But then I got a better look at her, and I realized, no, it wasn't Serafina. There were signs of aging on this woman, showing that she was older than my classmate.

Yet, this woman looked remarkably, like my enemy... friend... whatever Serafina had come to be. I could only assume this was Serafina's mom... and Matt's too.