Falling In Love With My Enemy's Brother (Chapter Ten)

Falling In Love With My Enemy's Brother by: Faerie_Writer

CHAPTER 10

On Monday, a month later I woke up feeling happy and refreshed.

I had, had a great nights sleep, and for some reason today just made me feel cheery. I couldn't help but think I had forgotten something that was supposed to make today the best day ever.

Then I got a good look at the date and it hit me. I knew what was so special about today, and suddenly, the day didn't seem so cheery anymore.

Silently, I trudged down stairs, and found that just like usual my parents and brother were already gone.

But what was I expecting? For today to be any different from the way it had always been?

Ridiculous.

I ate my breakfast quickly and drove to school.

When I got there I was constantly zoning out, and kept getting yelled at in class.

Finally lunch rolled around, and gratefully I went and sat with my friends.

"Hey guys." I mumbled, plopping my tray down on the table, and Winter eyed me suspiciously.

"What's got you down?" she asked.

"It's no big deal. Really."

"Is it because Matt's not sitting with us anymore?" Erin asked.

"No." I said, even though that fact bothered me a little bit.

Oh, and yeah, Matt never sat with us anymore. He always had some excuse not too, and either ended up not coming to lunch at all, or sitting with his sister.

I preferred it when he didn't come over when he sat with his sister though. Because when ever he sat with Serafina, all her cheerleader friends pawed all over him, batting their eyes and flirting with him.

I made me sick, and it made my poor heart feel like it was being dragged through a meat grinder.

At least he didn't flirt back. He'd be polite and stuff, but normally kept to himself and seemed uncomfortable with all the attention.

Which like I said was good, because had he been the type of guy who easily fell for a girls flirtations I think I might've lost it.

I had no idea the hold he had on me was so large, but it was and seemed to only get stronger everyday.

Weird right?

But whatever, that wasn't the whole reason I was down today. There was the whole fact that...

"Hello?" Erin asked waving her hand in front of my face, startling me.

In fact, it startled me so much, that I fell over, and off the bench with a loud shriek.

And since the world hates me today, the populars walked in right as I fell over, allowing them a great view of my not so graceful move. Which wasn't good at all.

Ever since I had gotten all the guys attention the popular girl's had wanted nothing more than to bring me down and expose me as the loser I truly was.

And they didn't let this chance slip by.

The minute my butt touched the ground I heard the head cheerleader Lily yell, "Have and nice trip loser! See you next fall!" sending her whole posse into ugly sounding high pitched laughter.

I have never felt so embarrassed before. I could feel my checks flush, and I refused to get up from my spot on the ground.

"Wacha' doing lose-" Lily began again, but suddenly she stopped and yelled, "HEY WATCH WHERE YOU'RE... oh sorry Luke."