Falling In Love With My Enemy's Brother (Chapter Four)

Falling In Love With My Enemy's Brother by: Faerie_Writer

CHAPTER 4

You know something big is going down when your parents who don't normally care all that much about you, decide to make you breakfast one morning and then drive you to school.

I guess that's something everyone should know... except for maybe me.

'Cause when I woke up Thursday morning to the smell of bacon and pancakes, I had no idea that something bad was going to happen.

Then again, I can always blame my ignorance on my lack of sleep.

I didn't go to bed until like 6 a.m. after I woke up at 2 because I kept replaying what had happened with Matt over and over in my head.

Trust me. That kind of thing can keep a girls mind busy for QUITE awhile.

So anyways, I wake up go down stairs and there is freaking BREAKFAST on the table. Surprisingly, I hardly ever eat breakfast.

I say surprisingly because unlike most of the girls at my school, I hardly give a care about what I weigh (hardly because I'm on track team and I want to be light so I'm fast), and my fast metabolism gives me a reason not to.

This means that I eat whatever I want, whenever I want, and I'm always hungry.

So skipping a meal isn't like me, but I don't have time to make anything when I get up in the morning, and my parents being the freaks they are don't keep any cereal in the pantry (it has something to do with the Blac family or whatnot), which means no breakfast.

Of course it didn't always use to be like this.

When my parents used to care about their kids more than their jobs, a long, long, LONG time ago, my dad made waffles every morning, and my mom was brighter and cheerier, and helped with the bacon and such.

But like I said that was a long time ago, and things have changed since then.

So this fresh breakfast was a nice and pleasant change.

Seeing my family was already at the table I walked over and saw an empty seat with a plate of food in front it.

Assuming it was meant for me, I slid into a chair and gobbled it down, while my mom watched with distaste.

She and her ladylike rules HATED it when I shoved food in my mouth, and any other time I would have slowed down, but today I just scarffed it right up.

My mom coughed politely, and I looked up to find my parents looking at me and my brother with fake smiles plastered on their faces. That was where the little warning bells in my head started to chime.

"Kids," my mom said, brushing some invisible dust of her skirt (she always does that when she is nervous), "your father and I would like to drive you two to school today."

"Why?" Danny asked through a mouthful of bacon, and my mom grimaced again looking at the partly chewed food my brother proudly displayed.

"We just thought it would be a nice change." My mom said, her fake smile growing even bigger if that was possible.

My brother and I quickly glanced at each other with the universal 'WTF?' face, but didn't ask any questions.

Instead we got our stuff and got in the car.

I don't know when I started to realize that we weren't going in the direction of my school, for a while I figured we were going to my brothers first.

But as we got farther and farther away, it started to dawn on me we weren't going to either.

Instead we pulled into the parking lot of our town's public high school, Mission High.