Chapter 59

It's been about a week, I can tell that Jess still doesn't feel too comfortable around me. I feel really bad, I know it wasn't the real me but I feel like it was my fault. I've also noticed that her and Nick have gotten really close, she's met everyone else but she told me she doesn't want any emotional connection to any of them, knowing we have to leave.

"Jess can I talk to you for a minute?" I tapped her on the shoulder, I saw her hand go to her dagger immediately, but stopped when she saw it was me. She nodded and we walked off to behind the ware house wall. No one really came back here, so I think we were good. "Max called me last night, he said that he's halfway here so he should be here earlier than expected. So maybe two more days and we're done and out."

Jess almost didn't seem excited, "Sounds good! See you around Adam, I'm gonna explore while I still can." I grabbed her shoulder before she walked away.

"You should go with someone, Nick or me, it's dangerous to be alone. Especially in a place like this, and if you haven't noticed, your the only girl in this camp. I don't want anything happening to you." She didnt say anything back, she left me alone, back to Nick.

.....

Jess POV

I'm terrified. The sight of Adam scares me, makes me uncomfortable. I know it's the real Adam, but... I just don't know. I walked over to Nick who was leaning against the wall with his head down. I walked up right infront of him, he looked up at me and smiled. "So what did Adam say?" He pushed himself off the wall and looked at me.

I shrugged, "Nothing much. It's doesn't matter, but I want to explore a bit. You know, get a feel of the place." He nodded curtly and we started to walk around.

He put his hands in his pockets, we started talking, going off about random topics. He usually started them because I don't know what this time has or doesn't have, and I don't want to mess anything up. "So Jess, what was your life like before this? I mean, that's something we usually talk about, but I'm just curious. If you don't want to talk about it that's fine."

I panicked, "No, sorry I don't really like remembering my past." I shook my head. It was particularly true, I don't exactly like my past, but I especially can't talk about it in this situation. "What about you? I know it's a bit rude to not tell you mine and ask for yours but..."

"No, no, it's fine. I was a--" he was cut off by a scream, we ran over to it. Some idiots were playing around the gate, they managed to get on top, the walkers were shaking the gate and he fell. I didn't know what to do, Nick ran over and started climbing up the gate.

3RD PERSON POV

Nick climbed up the gate, all the walkers were focused on the fallen man, he was screaming for help, using his machete to cut free of their grip. Nick jumped off and ran over, shooting almost everything that moved. He grunted as walkers started falling, then he got a clear way to Ghetto. "Nick! Leave me, I'm fine, get back inside while they're distracted!" Ghetto was hacking through heads, Nick making his way to him. No one else dared to interfere, and we're all encouraging from the sidelines. Jess stood there in horror, knowing that usually she could help, but at the moment, was useless.

Soon, Ghetto and Nick were climbing the gate, Ghetto in front. He jumped over and started checking for any bites. Nick was ready to jump, then, a walker caught his foot. He tried to get a better grip on the gates, but he was slipping. He tried to kick away the walkers, but to no prevail. Jess couldn't watch anymore. She climbed and jumped over.

"Jess no! You can't!" Adam yelled. Jess looked back at him and glared.

"Stop thinking I'm weak because I don't have my powers! I can't rely on them forever." She jumped and ran to where Nick was. She grabbed him and used her daggers to cut through anything that came through.

Soon, they were surrounded, "Jess you shouldn't have come out here. I don't want you to die!" They were back to back, shooting anything that came to close.

Jess chuckled, "Id rather die with you than anyone else!"

People held Adam back from going out as well, they couldn't lose him too. Ghetto was still checking for any bites. "JESSICA!" Adam cried.

Nick and Jess lost control, there was too many. "Well, it was a nice run ey?" Nick laughed.

Jess gave him a weak smile, "Yes indeed. See you on the other side?"

"On the other side." They pulled eachother into a hug, as the end of their world was apon them.

......

But then, there was a flash of white. Then more, then more, until the whole sky was full of them. Then bits of green and brown were consumed by it. Soon, there was only two bodies in the yard, they were holding eachother. They were breathing, but something was different about them. One had wings, and the other? The other had horns.

SHORT CHAPTER. SORRY GUYS, IM DRIVING TO ARIZONA RIGHT NOW SO IM BORED, SO IM WRITING THE NEXT CHAPTER ALREADY. ANYWAYS HAVE A NICE DAY!