Chapter 22

So basically Jin and Sky won the loser bracket. And Laurence won the winner bracket. Now it's my turn.

"Well Ross? Everything goes?" I smiled and shook his hand. He looked away.

"Y-yes, I-if th-that's okay wi-with you"

I laughed and Jin set us off.

"3...
2...
1...!"

Ross became a mini dragon again and I became an angel, it's been awhile since I've been like this.

"Changing it up a bit eh?" Ross challenged.

"Only for the best!" I charged at him. I was glad I had him as my partner because I can gut him with a sword and not have him die.

I probably sounded or looked insane, I was literally stabbing Ross and had no emotion on my face whatsoever. I got my sword out of Ross and laid it on my shoulder. It was ironic because I was in my angel form, I was a fallen angel.

"Ross? You need help buddy?" I asked.

He chuckled and stood up, like nothing happened.

"Nah I figured out an extra spell to make me heal even faster!" He cheered.

Everyone else was still in awe and just watching in silence. Ross and I looked out at them and laughed.

We didn't wait for the announcement and walked back up to the bleachers.

When we got up we were still smiling and laughing like we weren't trying to kill each other a few minutes ago.

Everyone just looked at us like we were crazy. We both got tired of it.

"Take a picture it lasts longer." I snapped everyone back to reality.

"Cmon Aph! We need to get back to the announcement room" Ross tried to pull me.

"Patience child." I cooed. "OKAY LISTEN UP THE FINAL ROUNDS ARE...FIRST JIN AND SKY THEN WHOEVER WINS THAT WILL FIGHT LAURENCE THEN LASTLY WHOEVER WINS THAT FIGHTS ME!" Everyone cheered and sat down for a quick break.

I sat next to Garroth and Aaron. I decided to tease them a bit.

"And you guys always to tell me to be careful."

The both smiled and rolled their eyes.

"Oh hush up. You just got lucky." Garroth tried to defend.

"Hah funny because I just gutted my best friend and thought nothing of it, I've been trained both mentally and physically to defend and fight among the gods, and you say this is luck?" I shot back. I hate it when people underestimate me.

"Sorry Aph I'm just frustrated."

"It's fine, are you sure you don't want to go back? You guys would be way happier there than you guys would ever be traveling with me." I was scared that they will die. And because of me.

"No I'd consider us cowards if we went back." Aaron spoke up.

"Yeah me too, I don't think we could go back even if we wanted to. I'm pretty sure we're all reported either missing or dead." Laurence added.

"Yeah I wonder how everything is in our dimension anyway?" Garroth asked while daydreaming.

I waved my hand in his face, he snapped back into reality.

"Well we can check after we're done sparring." They looked confused and I just smiled.

"Well enjoy the show~
Ross! Let's go!" I went off the find Ross and grabbed him. "Cmon we have to do announcement stuff."