Chapter 35

*THERE IS CUSSING SO YOUVE BEEN WARNED! SO DONT BE ALL IN THE COMMENTS: 'OMI YOU CUSSED HOW DARE YOU!' YOUVE BEEN WARNED. IF YOU WANT A DIFFERENT VERSION OF THIS CHAPTER WITHOUT CUSSING THAN COMMENT THAT SO I CAN DO THAT. WARNING OVER*

"JESSICA GET BACK HERE!" A man yelled.

Jess was running down a hall, she looked about 12.

"NO I WONT!" She yelled back and continued running.

"JESS YOU NEED TO ACCEPT IT!" There was now a woman chasing her too.

"I REFUSE! GO AWAY!" Jess was cornered.

"Please... I can't... I'm weak..." the girl looked like she was in tears.

"Jess you can do it." A fatherly figure approached her.

"NO I CANT FUCK OFF!" The girl yelled and saw the opportunity to run and take it.

"JESSICA!" They continued to chase the girl.

They finally cornered her in a room. They closed the door behind them.

"Jessica this is your fate. You can't change it." The woman spoke up.

"Yes I can!" The girl argued.

"Jess you need to start now." The man said.

"No not now not ever." Jess huddled more into the corner.

"Put her in." The woman commanded.

Jess's eyes widened in fear while she was force fed a pill.

"Jessica this a test. If you pass you can leave." A voice said from the heavens.

"And if I fail?" She asked in fear.

"You die." The voice said then cut the connection.

Everyone turned to me.

"I didn't have a choice. If I failed, I would never come out, if I passed I could escape. Leave. Never come back."

Jess had aged a bit. This was two years in the future in the 'test'. Jess had been given a mission, today was the day she completed it. She was accompanied by a boy, the same age. He seemed unrecognizable but Jess seemed happy with him.

"Well Cain? This is the day I escape." Jess said while she stretched out, Cain smiled and hugged her. Jess turned a deep red.

"Let's go."

'All I have to do is... Kill.'

Jess and Cain got a clearing, there was people, they seemed unrecognizable, they were gathered around a fire, laughing, telling jokes. Jess approached the camp site hiding in the bushes, still not able to get a look at their faces.

The guys spotted her, "Jess? C'mon we just got here!" The one with sunglasses motioned for her to come over. Jess realized, it was her friends. Blinded by her happiness she ran over. Then she remembered her mission.

She tried to back up but a barrier was stopping her.

"Do it." A heavenly voice told her.

Jess had tears in her eyes.

"Them? No! Never! JUST LET ME OUT YOU BITCH!" Jess screamed to the heavens.

The barrier pushed her closer, her friends were still smiling, they all seemed so real, so happy.

"I CANT! Just let me out... please..." Jess was on her knees.

The barrier pushed her until she was right next to them.

She couldn't do it, but she had to. If she didn't, she would die.

"I'm so sorry..." She whispered. Her friends looked confused.

Jess summoned her sword.

Her friends looked terrified.

There was blood everywhere, blood, sweat, and tears.

"I DID IT! LET ME OUT! please!" She begged. She forgot there was someone behind her.

"One more." The heavenly voice said.

Jess turned around to find her best friend, her crush, the reason she's still alive, standing behind her with a devilish smirk and a sword.

"No. No. ARENT MY BEST FRIENDS ENOUGH?!" Jess had tears streaming down her face.

"You need to learn to put your feelings aside."

Jess gritted her teeth and fought Cain. They fought for a while until Jess had her sword to his throat.

"Do it! Don't you want to go home?" The heavenly voice commanded.

"Jess please! I'm sorry!" Cain looked so scared, so fearful.

Jess closed her eyes and raised her sword, then pushed it down full force.

There was a scream.

Jess had a dark look on her face, "I'll never let myself fall in love ever again."

Jess fell into the grass.

Travis why? Why did you have to torture me?

I was gritting my teeth and fighting back tears while watching.

We were teleported back to the stadium. I didn't saw a word to anyone, didn't answer any questions, I just went upstairs, locked myself in my room. And shut out everyone.

So that happened. I didn't really know what kind of backstory to give her so I kind of just went with what I thought of. Also I'm watching a drama in the background so that's the reason for this uh chapter.

Also I'm really sorry this is short but I think it's good enough, since this is the second chapter I put out today. Don't worry I'll still post tomorrow. Anyway have a good day!