Chapter 39: Dream

Jess POV

I'm at PAX with Ross and Jin, Adam and Alesa were off doing their own thing.

"Sorry but I said I would meet some friends here today. I'll stay with you guys tomorrow though." I admitted.

"We can go with you. We didn't have anything in mind to do anyway." Jin shrugged.

"Okay! Let's go!" I grabbed Ross and Jin's hands and led them to the east wing.

There I spotted three guys, Garroth, Laurence, and Aaron.

I let go of the other guy's hands and ran over to hug them.

"Hey Aphmau!" I hugged them all.

"Oh guys I would like you to meet my current roommates, Jin and Ross. There's one more but he didn't want to come." I explained.

They shook hands but there was tension between them.

"So Jess," Jin pulled me close to him, "you wanted to go see that new Miku stands?"

I smiled, "Yeah! Ross ITS MIKU TIME!" Ross and I ran off. The other guys followed close behind.

Jin POV

"So how did you guys meet Jess?" I asked, looking for information.

"We used to go to her college." Laurence said.

"How do you know her?" Garroth questioned.

"Jess went to everything but college with us. She's basically been around our whole lives." I said dreamily.

"Did she have a love life in high school?" Laurence asked, Garroth punched him. "What? I'm curious."

"Haha no Jess stayed away from that kind of stuff. I don't even think she's had her first kiss yet." I said.

"Really? And she's 21?" Laurence seemed talkative today.

"That's Jess for you. Just training." I wasn't supposed to say the last part.

"Training?" Aaron finally said something.

"Uh yeah, Jess is trained in combat." I explained awkwardly.

"What kind?" Garroth asked.

"You name it, she's probably done it. Karate, Judo, Fencing, Swords, Archery, Boxing. Anything, she's at least tried it."

"I see-- oh they stopped." We walked into some kind of scene.

"You wanna go princess?!" Jess challenged.

"Bring it brat! Nya~" A girl with purple hair and cat ears challenged.

"Jess calm down, it was an accident." Ross said while pulling her back.

"No it wasn't! Just let me teach her a lesson." Jess was trying to get out of Ross's grip. Finally she got out and summoned a katana.

Jess gave the girl a smirk and challenged her.

"C'mon didn't you say you wanted a fight?" Jess taunted.

"Bring it! Nya~" the girl had claws. Like real cat claws.

Jess had her pinned in seconds.

"You will never make fun of him again, got that?" Jess said darkly.

"Y-yes..." The girl got up and ran off.

"That little brat." Jess mumbled and put her katana away.

"I'm surprised the security didn't come over." I said as we walked off.

"Me too. Lucky strike I guess." Jess said nonchalantly.