Chapter 26

It was 11 PM, almost time for work. Garroth and I were downstairs already watching TV. I was giving him the basic instructions and rules of the job. It was simple: Be on guard. Don't die. Check all cameras. If power runs out, get out your sword.

"So Aph-" I cut Garroth off.

"You can call me Jess."

He paused for a moment, "Okay Jess, when should we leave? It's almost Twelve." He pointed to the clock, it was 11:30.

"NOW!" I didn't realize how late it was. I grabbed his hand before he could react and dragged him to the car.

"Okay so as soon as we get there, run to the office. We don't want to get caught." I explained. Luckily the other dimension guys lets call them the Pheonix dimension. Anyway luckily they look the easiest nights, Ross and Travis can exactly die so they look the hardest nights.

We arrived at the slaughter house I call 'work' and it was 11:55 so we had five minutes to run to my office before the animatronics came to life.

"Okay tonight Foxy in pirate cove comes to life so that's one extra thing to watch" I mumbled to myself.

"Jess let me hel-"

"No the only reason your here is to make sure I stay sane. I don't think that'll be a problem this time though because this time it's only for a week." I cut him off. I honestly think it will be easier if he wasn't here.

"Well if my job is to keep you sane then that's what I'll do." He pinned me against the wall.

"Well I don't exactly think your helping." I snapped.

He had a smirk plastered on his face. I'll admit it was cute but I swore to never fall in love.

I looked away to avoid his face.

"Is Little Aphy scared?" He teased.

I got a glance at the clock, it was 5:55. I just have to stall for five minutes I can escape.

"N-no. Someone's gained some confidence." I teased back.

"Get used to it."

5:56.

"Can you do me a huge favor and get the heck off me?"

"No can do." He got closer.

I needed to think and act fast.

5:57.

"Garroth." I said sternly.

"Yes my love?"

I ran out under his arms and knocked him out from behind. I really hope he doesn't remember that.

I took a glance at the cameras and Bonnie was right outside. I ran to shut the door and he/she got reset. I took a deep breath and heard the alarm saying its 6:00. I picked up Garroth's body and set him down in the back seat. I drove back home praying that I won't remember that. I played the radio up to full to keep me awake and got yelled at by a few neighbors.

I got home and reluctantly picked up Garroth and walked through the back way knowing that everyone would be waiting in the living room. I managed to sneak Garroth to his room and waddled back to mine. I took a shower, and changed. I flopped onto my bed and fell once again to a dreamless sleep.

I woke up to light being shone in my eyes.

"Eh?" I groaned.

I tried to get up but I was tied to a chair.

"Wh-what the heck guys!" I was surrounded by my friends.

"So why did you go through the back door last night?" I think it was Laurence who said that.