Chapter 2

Laurence POV
It's been almost three years since the previous lord died, tomorrow we remember her death, and the whole village pays her grave a visit. The only difference this year is that the lord of O'kasis will be attending. He was the head guard of Phoenix Drop before the lord died, he quit and gave up to his throne in O'kasis. He's still a good friend of mine but we never talk.

Hooded Figure POV
I was sitting near a lake, sharpening my blade. It was beautiful out, a perfect day.
I used to spend these kinds of days with Levin and Malachi.
A man with a mask and a black cloak approaches me, snapping me out of my thoughts.
"Hey Aaron, did you find anything?" I ask, this was a good friend of mine before I found Pheonix Drop, he found me and eventually came along with me.
"Ugh no, there is a village near by though, maybe we can restock there?" He suggests.

"Sounds good to me." I stand up and put my blade on my back. It was made of pure titanium, it would usually be really heavy but I had it enchanted so only I can hold it like holding a feather. To everyone else it was as heavy as a house.

We start walking out of the forest and we both put our hoods on.

"Hey Aaron did you happen to hear the name of the village?" I was still wary of people finding me, somethings telling me that someone knows I'm not dead.

"I think it was Pheonix Drop." My heart stopped.

"Aaron can we restock at the next village?" I didn't want to be found out.

"Sorry Aph but we need to restock here or we might run out of supplies. Does it really matter?" He turns and looks at me, I was getting my mouth mask out. It changes my voice and covers my face except for my eyes. "Is it really that bad?" He now looks concerned.

"Yeah but I think I can do this" my voice changed a bit to the point where you couldn't recognize it.

"Okay just be careful." He put his hand on my shoulder and smiled. This was one of the few times I can tell his emotions. He always has this bandana over his eyes so I couldn't tell his emotions by looking into his eyes.

"When am I not careful. If something goes wrong we have communication amulets remember?" I smiled back at him and we continues do walking and found a path leading to what we think is Pheonix Drop.

We finally reach the wall and gates, Everything's improved since I was lord, I guess Laurence is doing a good job. I smiled to myself.

I looked to Aaron, "Here goes nothing." He chuckled at my remark. Let's face my past.

(Welp um good job for reading *clap clap* anyway SEE YALL NEXT TIME IN THE NEXT EPISODE OF DRAGON BALL Z. not)