Chapter 36

I stayed in my room in my pocket dimension for a few days, I only came out to eat, and when I did everyone asked me questions, I just ignored them and as soon as I was done I would lock myself back in my room. I didn't just sit there in silence, I trained, more and more.

I had a mini private training center in my room that only I knew about.

I spent most of my time there, taking my frustration out on either a punching bag or simulation mobs.

One day I made the mistake of going outside, not in the house, but outside-outside.

I kept an ear out and I had my sword out at all times. I haven't talking in about a week, so my voice probably sounds terrible.

"Yeah I know. Look none of us could draw her out of her room." I heard taking a bit deeper in the woods. I crept I bit closer to listen more.

"I know and it's all Travis's fault! If he didn't tap into her memories she would be fine, happy, having fun!" Ross yelled.

"It's also my fault, I'm the one who brought up that she refuses to fall in love." Jin confessed.

"Yeah but still Travis shouldn't have done that." Garroth was there too.

"But it does answer a lot of questions." Adam pointed out.

"I guess, that's the answer of why she disappeared for a few weeks, and when she came back to the orphanage she seemed tired, matured, and overall unhappy. We all hated to see her like that. We tried to get her to laugh, to be the girl we all became friends with when we were only 4 and 5. But she didn't smile, and when she did it was fake, she didn't laugh like before. She seemed broken." Ross sighed.

"When did she become, um... happy?" Laurence spoke up.

"We don't know" Adam said.

I finally came out to talk, only I couldn't.

They seemed so happy.

"Jess!" They all hugged me.

I still couldn't talk, and I couldn't bring myself to smile. I don't know why, I was happy?

I wrote a note saying to go get Travis. They didn't ask questions and we found him down in the training arena with Aaron.

They both stopped as soon as they saw me and gave me hugs. I wrote another note saying, 'Travis I give you permission to watch my memory'

He looks scared, "Are you sure Jess? The lay time I did you uh." I just nodded and he touched my forehead.

"THERE IM DONE! ARE YOU HAPPY NOW!" Jess screamed at the darkened figure before her.

"Yes, now honey why don't you accept it." The figure said.

"no. I'll never become one of YOU!" Jess screamed in disgust.

"Oh come on Jessica, you already killed your friends, what do you have to lose?" Another figure appeared, he was wearing a devilish smirk.

Jess's eyes widened at the realization that she just killed the people who made her happy. She didn't have anyone to go back to if she did decide to go back.

Jess gave in, she started to slowly walk over to the darkened figure.

Jess was about to join hands with the figure a bright light came between them.

"Trying to trick my child?" There was no one visible talking, it was just a flash of white. The light consumed Jess and Jess was back in a room.