Hisoka felt the resistance as his Nen coated fist connected to Aki's arms. Surprised, the red head stopped his barrage of attacks.

"Just now, did you focus your Nen on your arms to guard against my attack?" Hisoka asked, bewildered.

"What? Uh... I don't know." Aki replied, bringing her arms down. She looked curiously at Hisoka who snorted at her reply.

"Subconsciously, huh." Hisoka muttered under his breath. Just now, Aki was able to execute an advanced application of Ten and Ren, 'Ken'—although, the girl herself was not aware of this.

Hisoka was amazed by Aki's battle sense. Hell, he didn't even give her tips on how she can improve her Ten! And yet, here she was, practicing Ken. Although her Ken was slightly different since she still can't use Gyo, but her fighting sense and reflexes made up for what she lacks as a beginner.

In a lot of ways, the black-haired girl reminds Hisoka of himself. Like the way she seems to be able to pick up tricks like picking up pebbles. Or the way that her aura feels similar to Gon's pure atmosphere, despite not being innocent at all.

Or maybe... the way that the pong of death seemed to cling to her.

Hisoka was truly mystified by Aki's unique character.

As Hisoka clenched his fist for another blow to Aki's left side, Aki prepared to block using Ken once more. However, it was a fake. Just as he was about to hit Aki, Hisoka pulled back then hit her at the back of her neck. Aki collapsed, an immediate knockout.

Hisoka panted a little, trying hard to reign his desire. Hell, he was already half-hard from Aki's little display of her innate talent. Letting out a shaky breath, Hisoka licked his lips. He looked back at Aki who was slumped on the floor.

Hisoka felt Aki's breathing even out and he looked down to see that the girl had lost consciousness. He carefully lifted her off the dirty floor and took the girl to the infirmary.

All the way there, Hisoka tried hard to keep his hands off her. After all, Aki was the only toy that he wasn't that willing to mess up. Yet.

¤¤♡¤¤♡¤¤

Aki

When I opened my eyes, I was greeted with the sight of my ceiling. The first thought that crossed in my mind was: My throat felt so dry. I heaved up, my vision blurry and unsteady. And then, a hand gently pushed me back down towards the bed.

"Shh... it's alright, Chrome." I knew that voice very well. Immediately, I tried to sit up once again but this time, I was pushed back with more force. I didn't like the feeling of weakness. I didn't like the fact that right now, Gon was overpowering me.

"G-gon...." I croaked. I croaked like a shitty frog. Sorry for cussing, but that's just how stressed I was feeling. I rubbed my eyelids and squinted to get a better look at the brunet. When my vision cleared, I saw that he was handing out a glass full of water to me. I quickly took it and, this time—instead of pushing me down—Gon helped me sit up.

Water soothed my dry throat. Gon quickly took the emptied glass from me before filling it again. I downed the second glass of water. Again, Gon quietly took the glass from me and placed it on the table beside my bed.

"Are you feeling better now?" Gon asked. I nodded my head reluctantly.

"What are you doing here?" Immediately, Gon frowned. He looked away from me and glared at the wall on one side.

"... Killua and I visited you last Monday. We wanted you to come watch our fights but—" Gon stopped for a second, looking at me from the corner of his eyes before he let out a sigh.