"So, you like music huh?"

Narrator

Randy and Annick were on their way to her parents' house once again.

Her dad had to talk to her about the whereabouts of Pricilla and she just liked bringing him places.

"So during all of this Pricilla stuff you never got a lawyer?" He asked.

"Randy, my dad is my lawyer."

"Oooh. I would've never guessed that. You guys don't seem to talk about it."

"Well yeah. He doesn't really approve of me adopting her. But you know, I guess he's still down for helping me."

"I see."

"Are you sure you're fine with staying with my mom while I'm in his office? You can come with me."

"No it's fine. Your mom said that the next time I went there she'd teach me how to make fufu." He smiled.

"Hey, I tried to teach you."

"You yelled at me."

"My mom will yell at you too."

"But your mom is adorable. If she yells at me, I'm sure I'll live."

"I'm not adorable?" She asked, pouting.

"Well...you're..."

"I'm what?" She smirked.

"You're...hot..." He said making her giggle.

"Whatever Randy."

~

Annick sat in her dad's office and waited as he pulled out some papers.

"Alright, Annick, here's how you messed up. First off you were violent with Pricilla's legal guardian, then you took Pricilla without alerting anyone not even her social worker...seriously?"

"Look, I hit Karen because she really hurt Pricilla, I took Pricilla to keep her from hurting her even more. Yeah, I should've told someone that was my mistake. But I don't regret taking her."

"Well Karen made a claim-"

"Yes I know. Karen made a claim that I was the one hurting Pricilla which is absolute bullshit."

"I believe you. Julia believes you too. She did give me the pictures too. Just the judge..."

"Can I please get a new judge?"

"You know I'm working on it, sweetie."

"Well they're not gonna take her from me, right?"

"No. They're gonna let her stay with you but just let me handle everything."

"Alright." She nodded.

"Good. Now go help your mom in the kitchen and call me in when dinner is ready."

Annick nodded before getting up and leaving his office.

She made her way down the hall and into the kitchen.

She noticed her older brother in the room with his wife.

"When did you get here?" She asked.

"An hour ago. But anyways, you should be really proud of your boyfriend here. He finally made fufu."

Annick turned to Randy smiling.

"Awe good job, baby." She said.

"Thanks. I mean it wasn't that hard. Your mom said she couldn't even get real cassava here in America."