"No more questions."

Pt. 2

Narrator

"Hey, Randy what's up? Still treating my sister well right?" Chris asked cheerfully.

"Sure." Randy said.

Chris patted his back.

"Good, I need someone to make sure that she's not always in a bitchy mood."

Annick turned towards her older brother and glared at him.

"Chris come on." Arriana sighed.

"I told not to be a smartass." She scolded him as they walked away.

Annick smiled and picked up their daughter, Serena.

"Auntie?"

"Yes?"

"Why're you mad at my daddy?"

"Adult reasons."

"But I'm an adult."

Both Annick and Randy chuckled.

"Why don't you go and knock on that room right there. Pricilla's in there." She said, setting her down.

"Okay." Serena said running over to the door and knocking on it, being let in by Pricilla.

"When are you gonna go and get your siblings?" Annick asked.

"Should I now?"

"Probably."

"Alright I'll be right back then." He said, kissing her cheek and exiting out the front door.

"Annick."

She turned rolling her eyes when she saw her older brother.

"Why'd you even invite me if you knew you were gonna ignore me the whole time?"

"Because when our parents arrive I wanna make sure they know that everything is going fine with Pricilla. Not that you fucked it up."

"I didn't! I withheld irrelevant information."

"We could've gotten a different judge. A not racist one. She could've been mine by now."

"Yeah and I know. I am so so sorry but...I can't change the stupid mistake I made."

"Why'd you even keep it from me?"

Chris was silent.

"You are so not in the position to keep more stuff from me."

"I..."

"Chris..."

"The judge didn't directly say those words to me."

"What do you mean?"

"You know how dad knew the judge from his days in law school? They always had issues, remember? But um...he said it to dad. I overheard when I was stopping by dad's office. I told dad that this would be a good way to turn your judge in but he told me not to tell you."

"Why the fuck would he-"

"He didn't approve of the idea. You know, you becoming a mother. He figured Pricilla was in good hands."

"But you knew she wasn't in good hands and you still kept it from me?"

"I said I was sorry."

Annick didn't know what to say.

She just walked past her brother to the kitchen as if nothing ever happened.

~