"Glow up was for real, huh?"

Narrator

It was pretty quiet in the living room.

Considering lots of people were on silent terms, that caused the whole house to be on silent terms.

"Um...Annick you wanna go shopping with me today?" Miciah asked.

Annick shrugged.

"Sure. But after that, we need to head to social services then to my brothers so I can check on Pricilla."

"Ooh shopping can wait then."

Annick smiled.

"Who's Pricilla?" Dario asked.

"She's my niece. The one Randy teaches." Annick answered.

"So...you calling social services on your brother?"

Annick rolled her eyes.

"No. She's not my brother's. She belongs to my half sister but she passed years ago. Now my niece is in the hands of an unfit abusive guardian and I've been trying to adopt her ever since I was eighteen."

"Oh...damn. Well can I come?" He asked.

"Why you wanna come?" Annick asked.

"Randy gets to come."

"He's my boyfriend."

"Well I'm Miciah's boyfriend and I have a right to tag along. Besides, we friends mami. Maybe I wanna meet y'all's future daughter." He said, making Annick and Randy almost choke on their orange juice.

Miciah kicked Dario under the table.

"Well fine, you can meet Pricilla but she's really shy so don't...do what you usually do."

There was no parking so Dario stayed in the car while Annick, Randy, and Miciah went inside.

When they walked into the office, the three were greeted by a blonde lady that seemed to recognize Annick.

"Alright you guys can have a seat." She said friendly.

"Alright well I'm guessing you know by now, Pricilla is being let back under the influence of miss Karen-"

"Wait what?"

"She's going back to Karen's household."

"Why wasn't I notified?"

Randy observed Annick as she spoke.

The way she was talking to this lady was much different from her usual tone.

Her voice was usually high and she was actually quite cute.

At the moment she seemed very professional.

She dressed different as well.

She wore her hair in a high ponytail and no black in her clothes.

She actually seemed quite intimidating.

The blonde lady wouldn't beg to differ.

"Well um we figured your brother would tell you." She said nervously.

She closed her eyes, sighing.

"Well he's one problem. Back to you. Why are you sending my niece back there?"