"The walls are really thin."

Narrator

"What are we doing today?" Dario asked as Brazil took stuff out of the cabinets.

"We're baking cake!" She said excitedly.

"We could've asked Annick to do that." He scoffed.

"We don't need Annick. We both know how to cook."

The two stared at each other for a while before bursting into laughter.

"Okay, but go get the cake mix. There's instructions on the back."

~

"Basketball court? We're playing basketball?" James asked.

"I told you not to wear the Timbs. But don't worry, I stole a pair of Dario's shoes for you." Miciah said.

"Aight, so we just gon' chill today or sum-"

"James I'm gonna tell you now. No acting black." Miciah said flatly.

"I thought it was accurate."

"You was wrong."

~

"Why's it so oily?" Brazil asked looking into the bowl.

"Because of the oil."

"How much oil did you put?"

"Three tablespoons."

Brazil slapped her forehead.

"You dumb fuck, it said three teaspoons."

Dario grabbed the box.

"But it....oh."

"Just go whisk those eggs."

~

Miciah handed James a water bottle and sat down beside him.

"You're short." He said.

"I'm 5'6. I'm not that short. Now Annick, she's short with her 5'3 ass. I don't see you calling her short out of the blue."

He shrugged.

"Trying to make small talk. But anyways-"

"Why'd you lie to Brazil about the audition." She blurted out.

"How..."

"The walls are really thin."

"No I mean how did you know about-"

"Dario let it slip yesterday. I just wanna know how long you're gonna keep it up."

James sighed.

"I don't know...I'm thinking take her to New York, come back, break the news to her and hope for the best."

"Unless you don't get the part."

"Is it...bad that I'm actually hoping that I don't get the part."

"Well nah, you have a good reason. Brazil."

"I know but...I've been wanting this my entire life. I've been with Brazil for what? A month?"

"It's called love...although that would be a little too quick to consider. I guess your plan will work out. Brazil is pretty forgiving."

"I hope so..."

~

"Dario, how did you drop the eggs?"

"I lost control."

"How? You're the one stirring them!"

"Mami, do not yell at me. You're as much at fault as I am."

"In what way?"

"You made me bake this cake when you knew that my ass couldn't cook shit."

~

"James, Micah, what a surprise."

The two turned from their game to see Jenny.

She stood in dangerously short shorts and two girls behind her.

"It's Miciah." Miciah corrected.

Jenny just shrugged.

"Same difference. But anyways, I thought you and Dario were a thing. I didn't take you as the promiscuous type. But I mean who blames you? James is fine as hell."

"Uh we were just leaving." James said, noticing the look on Miciah's face.

"Aww that's a shame. Make sure you tell Dario it was nice seeing him the other day."

Miciah froze.

She was just about ready to get her interrogation on when she felt James's arm pull her.

~

"What do you mean you didn't hear the beep?" Brazil questioned, staring at the burnt cake.

"Well you didn't hear it."

"My mind just wasn't focused on it at the moment since it was your job to take the cake out the oven when it was done."

"I think you should've just taken my advise from the beginning. Leave it to Annick."

Brazil sighed.

"I guess you're right."

"I'm just hoping Miciah's future husband knows how to cook in the future."

Brazil looked up.

"Can you stop pretending that you don't see a future with Miciah."

"I don't see a future with anyone. That's just me."

"If you really didn't want Miciah on your life for long, you wouldn't of been ashamed of sleeping with Jenny."

"How'd you know that?"

"I heard Randy lecturing you that one morning."

"Dammit....you're not gonna..."

"I'm debating. But why do you care. That's just you, right."

"It's complicated."

"Not that complicated."

"Brazil..."

"Look here, I'm not judging you, I promise. But that is my best friend. You need to figure something out or I will for you."

Suddenly the door opened and the two stepped out the kitchen to see Annick and Jeffery walk in.

To be continued.....

The next chapter is gonna be like back to the beginning of this day if you know what I mean.