Chapter 1

“We’re safe now.” Ezra told me as he kissed my temple while we watch Jackie being escorted to her cell.

At last, the court has decided that Jackie Molina is the big A. Yes, we even brought this issue to the court. Guess we got tired of having A screw us up.

Finding out that Ezra was one of the members of the A-team, I almost lost hold of my sanity. But when I realized the motive behind it, I got some of my sanity back. Some.

He only wanted to protect me. He wanted to lessen the burden that A would bring to me. I remembered the time when I was locked up in a box and I was about to fall over the precipice but A—which I bet was, well, Ezra, pulled me back to the edge.

He proved to me that he was worth the fight.

I heaved a sigh and gave him a bone-crushing hug, relieved that no one would ever come between us again. Even my parents or his parents.

Ella and Byron finally accepted Ezra as my boyfriend and that they know that they can’t do anything about it since Ezra and I are far from breaking up. Maybe we could even last until marriage. Who knows, right?

We are sure that the A-team is now a divided group since everyone wanted to be out of it. They only joined because they didn’t know how they would delve deep and add more problems to Emily, Hanna, Spencer and I’s life. Ezra told me that the A-team only consisted of seven members, including him which means the A-team consisted of Mona, Lucas, CeCe, Toby, Spencer and then Jackie, meaning no one is left of the A-team to be bad or to try to hurt us in any way.

An unexpected dam released and I ended up crying in Ezra’s arms. What are the tears for? Relief? Happiness? I don’t know either.

“What’s wrong? Why are you crying?” Ezra asked and kissed my tears away and I heard someone clear their throat in the distance. I’m betting that it’s Byron or Mike.

“Nothing. I just feel… overwhelmed with all these feelings.” I explained and squeezed his hand as we walk towards my parents.

“At least she’s locked up in jail to rot, right?” Mike said in a very crude manner and Ezra stiffened. Jackie was his ex-fiancée after all so he would still have some unfathomable feelings for her.

“Mike!” Ella scolded and smiles apologetically to Ezra, knowing the situation at hand. Byron placed his hand at Mike’s shoulder and said, “As much as I’d love to second the motion to that one, I don’t want to sound so rude but the things she did to my daughter and my daughter’s friends are really… there are no words to describe it, Ezra.”

Ezra nodded as a response. If I was in his position, I would not know how to reply to that one. It’s like a trap question.

“I understand, sir.” Ezra said and Ella’s face crunched up in distaste. She told Ezra to call them with their first names, to drop the formality between them but Byron insisted, saying that they’re not close and they will never be since our relationship will never be approved by him which resulted to me and Byron’s fight. He’s being so unreasonable about this.

“This calls for a celebration, don’t you think, Ezra?” Ella said and he nodded. I wasn’t ready to untangle my hands with his because it felt like I’m gonna enter a battle alone. There’s a small gathering at the corner where Hanna, Caleb, Emily, Toby and Spencer is there with their families and Ezra lead us there.

“We could finally have our normal lives back.” Hanna said while in Caleb’s protective arms. It’s been awkward between everyone ever since we knew Toby was A and then eventually Spencer revealed that she joined the A-team for a while to get some information… but when we knew Ezra is A… All hell breaks loose.