"Oh yes, my favorite!" Nick leapt for joy. He turned to Judy who shot to thumbs up. He smiled happily, following Judy upstairs with their luggages.

After the couple disappeared upstairs, Stu peered to make sure they were gone and began rambling off to Bonnie. "Oh boy, oh boy oh boy..." He panted. "What is our daughter doing with a fox?!" Stu panicked.

"I don't know!" Bonnie cried.

"What in the dickens!" Stu stomped his foot on the ground. "I can't."

"Well, we can't embarrass her in front of him!"

"I can't bother to see Judy like this; I mean...sure, predators and prey long live and prosper blah blah blah. But not my Judy! I refuse to see her with that fox!"

Bonnie settled Stu down. "Shh, you don't want them to hear us! Especially Judith!"

Stu scowled to himself. "Fine. We'll lecture her about it later on."

"Right now, let's just enjoy our night together..."

Judy flung herself onto her old bed and squealed. "It's great to be lying on my old bed again!" Judy said. "It brings back so many memories."

Nick sat on her bed and bounced a little up and down. "That's good to know. You're still hanging on to what's best."

"Oh you!" Judy sat up bringing her face to Nick's. She nuzzled her nose on his. "You're one of my best!"

Nick blushed. "Oh."

"What?"

"N-Nothing. I just...wasn't expecting that response?" Nick brushed the back of his head and laughed.

"Judy, Nick! It's almost time to come down!"

"Alright mom!" Judy shouted. "Well, we gotta get ready to go down for the food, yum!"

"Of course!" Nick took Judy's hand, leading her to the door. Before he was able to open the door, the knob already turned and it opened.

Stu stood in front of them. His heart ached seeing Nick holding Judy's hand.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Hopps."

"Hello there, Nick. Judy, can you go down quickly?"

"What? Why dad? Nick is new here; I should be giving him a tour!"

"Right now, Judy."

Judy wanted to say something, but her mouth shut immediately. She looked up at Nick, who assured her he'd be fine, and went on her way downstairs. Nick carefully made sure she wasn't there. He then turned his attention to Stu.

"Hi."

"Well, I see you've taken a liking to my daughter."

"Indeed. She is such a wonderful girl. You raised her very well, I can tell."

"Of course. She's my daughter. She has to be raised well."

Nick cleared his throat. "Of course..."

"I just wanna say, you better be sleeping in this room." Stu jerked his finger to the door behind him. "Cause, you aren't sleeping in the same room as my daughter, that's for sure."

Nick's jaw dropped. "Of course not! I would never!!!"

Stu grinned. "Let's keep it that way." He slapped Nick's back. "Okay?"

Nick stood speechless, watching Judy's father make his way downstairs. He began to wonder a bit to himself. Does Judy's dad actually hate me?

Nick slowly made his way down the stairs, into the kitchen and sat down next to Judy.

"Oh Nick! You're here! Great!" Judy cheered, getting up and brought the drinks to the table. Nick smiled, seeing how Judy and her mom were coordinating well with the set up. Stu sat across from Nick, causing his smile to disappear. He quickly turned away, looking down at the table cloth awkwardly.

Bonnie brought the platters over. Settling them down, Nick saw how delicious the food was and his mouth began to water.

"Carrots...strawberries...? Corn...blueberries?!" Nick gasped. "My favorite!"

Bonnie chuckled. "I'm glad to know you love your fruits!"

"You bet I do!"

"Well, dig in!"

Nick waited for the platter to come his way. When it finally did, he made sure to be lenient and portion his food well.

"So, I heard that you're a cop." Stu began.

"Yes. I am sir!"

"How's it going?"

"It's actually pretty good. I can't complain." Nick replied.

Stu nodded slowly, taking a bite of his food.

"How were you as a child?" Bonnie interrupted.

"Well...I don't usually speak about my past but..." Nick stared down at Judy.

Judy nodded, telling him to go on.

"Well...I didn't have the best of childhoods. I was judged just for the way I was and who I am. It really sucked."

"Oh, Jude the Dude, here had to deal with that too in school. I'm glad she stood up to those bullies and didn't allow them to make her give up."

"Me too..." Nick spoke dreamily, eyeing Judy without noticing.

The conversation at the table seemed to be going well. That was, until Judy's father spoke up. Judy and Bonnie went back into the kitchen to fix dessert. Nick wiped his mouth, completely full, but was ready to consume whatever he can for the sweet tooth of his stomach.

I don't know what you're up to fox, but you better stay away from my daughter." He snapped.

Nick's eyes widened. He couldn't believe what he heard. They just had a nice conversation about him and who he was. Nick balled his fists under the table. He's just like the rest...

But Nick wouldn't allow his emotions to be displayed in front of Judy.

"Dessert is served!!!" She cried for joy, holding the platter in her hands.