Chapter 24

(Word count: 2900! Hell yeah!)

One week. Niall had spent one week away from all human interaction, locked up in his room with a huge jar of milk in his hand (it soothes him down, don't judge). He tried hard to not look at his phone, even smashing the poor device at the wall, grumbling when it didn't break because of the screen guard. Liam had time and time again tried to persuade the blonde to get out of his room, to take a walk in the park or just do something rather than cry and wallow in self pity but Niall just didn't feel up to it. 

He had e-mailed his resignation letter to Zayn and Louis, and then shut his laptop off, letting it just stay at the same place for an entire week, not bothering to see whether his ex-boyfriend had replied or not. In Niall's head, everything was already settled. It was obvious that once the child came around, Niall would no longer be needed simply because wouldn't he be, sorta, third wheeling? 

They could be a family. The girl he cheated with and their little one, and Niall was not going to be a home wrecker. No matter how much he loved Zayn, he didn't want to be the reason why his child was confused in the future as to why he had two fathers and a mother! Imagine how horrific that would be! 

"It's the eight day Niall and you're not getting over him until you try to. And clearly locking yourself in your room is not trying," Liam tried, sighing once again, something he had been doing ever seen he saw the blonde crying his heart out on the door way. It was a heart shattering sight to come back home to and when he had tried to find the reason for all the tears, the blonde had just said 'Zayn' and then locked himself up in his room. Thankfully though, he still ate all the food Liam left outside the door which was a relief since he didn't want his best mate starving. 

"I will come out when I feel like coming out. Right now I just want to watch Titanic and cry," Liam rolled his eyes before walking down stairs once the door bell went off again and again. 

"I'm coming," He yelled at whoever was behind the door. They were bloody assaulting his poor door bell and he had already had enough to deal with, having a heartbroken best mate and all that, he didn't need somebody bothering him at 8 PM. 

He opened the door hurriedly, wanting to get it over and done with but froze visibly once he saw the guest behind the wooden door. Shaking his head, he muttered obscenities to himself before cracking his knuckles. 

"This will hurt like a bitch and still won't amount to the pain you made him feel," Taking a deep breath, he allowed his fist to make contact with the tanned man's prefect jaw, grinning in satisfaction when he saw a small amount of blood coming out and a neat red bruise forming. Liam was a good mate, fighting for Niall and all that. He would be the best mate of the century if he hadn't wanked to the thought of his best friend before but as of now, he was kinda sorta over the blonde. Working on it. 

"I deserved that. Now can I see him please?" If it wasn't for the fact that Zayn was wearing a shiny black suit, and had a bouquet of white lilies in his hand, Liam probably would not have let him in but the man just seemed so genuine and concerned. Plus, he really wanted his best friend to leave that godforsaken room already. 

"Come in. He has locked himself up in his bedroom. It's been a week and I hope you succeed in getting him out of there," The brunette pat Zayn's back before walking into the kitchen to heat up the pizza he had been dying to have. Pepperoni toppings with extra cheese. Yum. 

Zayn took a deep breath and then another. If everything went according to his plan tonight, then he would come out as the luckiest man alive. Louis had made him write down a speech, just some points here and there which he really needed to speak out loud and the word 'Sorry' was mentioned more than a thousand times. And Zayn really was sorry, it physically hurt him to see his princess crying over something he did but he had his reasons, even though cheating on Niall did not have a fucking good enough reason but he was still going to try. No excuses, just pure truth out in the open.