Chapter 23

"Zayn, mate, are you sure about this?" Louis asked, rubbing a tired hand across his face. He didn't expect to be woken up at 12:05 AM by his best mate and now here he was, in the Black Porsche, wearing his teddy bear pajamas, as Zayn drove them to the center of the town where all the expensive and famous shops were located. Louis chided himself for thinking that his best friend was over the stage where he would bug him in the middle of the night with some Niall problem, apparently, he was wrong. 

"I really want to do this. I know I love him and I know he loves me too. What else do we need?" The raven haired man locked his car after pulling a very unhappy looking Louis out from his seat. He didn't blame his best friend for feeling embarrassed and out of place. Zayn would've felt the same way if he was dressed in the pajamas he used to wear in tenth grade. What hurt the most was that Louis didn't grow even an inch taller from what he used to be in his high school days. It was almost laughable how small his best mate was but it's not as if Zayn was too tall either, so they never teased each other in matters regarding heights. 

"Well, let's see. You need a loyal and healthy relationship to take such a big step. What are you even thinking?" Louis pressed a hand on Zayn's forehead as the other touched his own forehead. "Definitely not a fever so are you high on something?" 

"I'm fine Louis. In fact, I think this is the best decision of my life. Think about it," He ran a hand through his hair, tugging on the roots lightly as he smiled thinking of the different reactions he'll get out of Niall. "This way, whether the kid turns out to be mine or not, Niall will still have my word that I'll be with him no matter what. This is a huge deal and me making a commitment, in itself is a big deal." 

Louis smiled, a bit hesitant but he was glad that his best mate was finally getting his act together. He really didn't know what to say but then again, it wasn't his relationship and he wasn't going to be that best friend who always complained and nagged at their friends choices and decisions. He wanted to be supportive right now, especially now that Zayn was ready to own up to his mistake and make amends. 

They walked inside one of the sparkling shops, Zayn leading the way. Without hesitating for even a single bit, the taller man started looking at the exquisite jewelry through the mirrored counters. He couldn't believe he was doing this. There was a part of him that was calling him foolish and an idiot, yelling at him to back down while there was still time while the other part of him was thinking about Niall's face, his tears and his smiles. He owed this to the blonde, for making him cry again and again, for giving him so much pain and more than that, he really wanted to do this. He wanted to spend his whole life with that one person, wake up with them and fall asleep with them. 

"Can you show me ones in this size?" He pointed at the beautiful piece of platinum, with a small heart in the middle. He wanted to get some worried engraved on it but he really wanted to find the piece most suitable for Niall. 

The girl behind the counter smiled before pulling the box of rings out. "Girlfriend?" She asked before pulling out a few more boxes filled with glittering jewelry. 

"Boyfriend," Zayn smiled, his tongue poking from between his teeth. He could feel his heart hammering in his chest as he glanced at the beautifully designed jewelry's until his heart finally met the one unique piece. It was a sparkly black ring, with beautiful flowers in diamond on it's either sides. 

"Can I get words engraved on this?" He asked, his eyes never leaving the sparkly jewelry. Black was one of his favorite colors on Niall and this one would for sure look beautiful with Niall's pale skin, contrasting with it perfectly. 

"Sure. What would you like to be written on it?" The sales girl pulled a mini pad out from under the desks and clicked her pen open, smiling at the happy looking Pakistani. She glanced between the two men, eyes widening a bit when she saw the teddy bear pajama covered man standing right behind Zayn. 

"Forever," Zayn stared at the ring and then at his best mate, as if wanting some confirmation. This was a huge decision for him and he wasn't going to fuck anything up now. So, when Louis gave a small thumps up, smiling widely at his best mate's choice of word, Zayn knew he was going in the right direction. He passed the ring to the girl, nodding his head when she said it'll be out and done in fifteen minutes since they weren't at all busy, especially in the middle of the night. 

"Do you think he'll like it?" He asked, biting on his nails, a nervous habit he had developed over the years. Pulling his phone out of his pants pocket, he frowned at the fact that Niall hadn't yet responded to any of his texts or calls. It was expected though, he had done Niall wrong more than once but that was then. Now, Zayn was ready to say goodbye to all the mistakes he had made. He was ready to make a huge commitment and even his pretty blonde would know how serious he was about owing up to his mistakes. He didn't want to lose Niall no matter what. 

"He will, mate. Now all you have to do is somehow convince him to meet you alone," Louis noticed the frown that settled on his best mate's face. It wasn't going to be easy and Louis wasn't going to be much of a help there. The only person on whom they could rely right now would be Niall's roommate or Harry, the only other two people who were close to Niall, since the blonde was for sure pissed at Louis as well. Ignoring him because of the string of lies even the brunette had said to him. 

"We'll figure something out," the feathery haired brunette tried, smiling sadly at the girl who walked in with the ring in hand, a wide smile on her face as she placed the ring in a neat black box. 

"That'll be 1500 pounds," Zayn quickly handed his credit card over, not even flinching at the amount. All he cared about was the small box in his hands.

"This is unreal mate!" He squealed suddenly as they said goodbye to the kind sales girl and finally left the shop. He was going to do this, no backing out now. 

"I still can't believe you're going to ask Niall to marry you! Can't believe you're settling down before me." The two laughed before breaking into a huge smile. 

AN/ So many feels here even though Niall wasn't even with Zayn in the chapter. lol

Do you think Zayn is rushing into things? 

How is Niall going to react? Will he say yes to the proposal or not? 

What about Gigi? What do you think she'll do when she finds out that Zayn is going to ask Niall to marry him?

What do you fucking think is gonna happen next?

APART FROM THESE OBVIOUS QUESTIONS, I WOULD LIKE TO ANNOUNCE THAT I'VE GOT A NEW BOOK OUT AND IT'S CALLED "RIVALS" AND IT'S LARRY! I'VE SEEN A FEW LARRY LOVERS READING MY STORIES AND I THOUGHT, WHY NOT WRITE A LARRY FICTION? TBH, I WROTE IT IN 2015 AND THEN I WROTE IMPOTENT WHICH BECAME A BIT FAMOUS? IDK LOL. SO ANYWHORE, AFTER THAT LOTS OF DRAMA WENT AROUND IN THE LARRY WORLD AND I DECIDED TO CHANGE RIVALS INTO A NARRY FICTION BUT PEOPLE WEREN'T HAPPY WITH BOTTOM!HARRY SO I'M BRINGING THE BOOK BACK IN IT'S ORIGINAL FORM! IT'S LARRY STYLINSON PEOPLE! So much Larry everywhere and I'm just adding to the list lol . 

Anywhore, NEXT UPDATE WHEN THIS CHAPTER GETS 80+ VOTES! DO NOT SLACK ON THE VOTES PEOPLE! IT HURTS ME PHYSICALLY AND EMOTIONALLY! 

So: 

VOTE 

COMMENT 

FAN 

SHARE 

FOLLOW ME LOVES! x