Chapter 6

Suddenly, everything in Niall's workplace was different. Zayn wasn't trying to make obvious moves on the boy, Louis was actually becoming fun to take to and Niall didn't make any more snarky remarks on his boss. It was like they were all becoming close to one another, specially Zayn and Niall. 

Louis was the first one to notice this. He saw his best friend trying to sneak glances at the blonde and he noticed the blonde looking at his boss with admiration and fondness. He had even questioned Zayn about it, but the taller man refused to say anything. With the way his fists clenched and jaw tightened, Louis had guessed that someone must've tried something on Niall. 

As much as Zayn was horny, he hated people who forced themselves on somebody, anybody. Who doesn't? 

Louis tried so hard to be jealous and a part of him was, but being the good friend he is, he let Zayn have Niall. Not that Louis stood a chance anyways but still...he's a good lad. 

"You know, you really need to stop coming at my place in the middle of the night," Just when he thought everything was going back to normal, Zayn had to pop by his place completely unannounced, of course. 

"I need your help," Zayn pleaded, gulping down an entire can of red bull. Why the heck he needed an energy drink at 2am was something Louis refused to understand. 

"At 2 A.M? No Zayn, I'm not gonna hook up with you. I don't like it up the ass."

"What!? No. But you have the ass for it, still, that's not why I'm here. I need your help with Niall." 

Louis sighed. He seemed to be doing that a lot lately and Zayn definitely wasn't a help. Fuck him for being a shitty friend and here Louis was making sacrifices for the raven haired man. 

"I would never have guessed!" He sassed out, missing the warmth of his bed already. 

"No need to get bitchy. Just tell me how you ask somebody out on a date. You've done this shit before," there was desperate tone in Zayn's voice which didn't go unnoticed. Louis often felt sorry for the man right in front of him. He knew how difficult everything was for Zayn, being bullied because of his religion and then becoming a complete man whore. He was thankful to Niall. Unknowingly, Niall was changing Zayn, for the better. 

"Just ask him out? That's what most people do." 

"How?" 

"You just say, 'Hey Niall, wanna grab lunch together, consider it a date'", Louis deadpanned. 

"How did you even manage to score chicks and dudes? You're as shitty as me!" 

"Urgh, it's 2:15 Zayn. Let me sleep, I'll help you in the morning," Louis whined, already getting up from his place on the couch. 

"I've too many energy drinks in my system right now. I can't sleep." 

"Well then, watch porn or something. Go wear yourself out. Let me sleep. I'll help you in the morning." 

"What if he says no?" 

"He won't." Louis smiled, he had noticed the way Niall looked at Zayn and there was no fucking chance that the blonde would refuse to go on a date with Zayn. 

"How do you know that?" 

"Because he looks at you like you're the best thing in the world." 

He could see Zayn blushing but he was too tired to point that out. 

"Oh," Zayn smiled shyly, making Louis want to coo at how adorable his friend could be. 

"Night Z," He pecked Zayn's forehead lightly, suddenly feeling a bit protective over his best friend. What if Zayn gets hurt? What if Niall's already dating somebody else? what if something goes wrong? He couldn't stop these questions from getting the best of him but looking at Zayn's smiling face, he shoved all those thoughts to the back of his head.