Road Trip

Chapter 24

Amber's POV

"Amber....C-can we talk?" I turned around to see Riley. I don't know what to say to him. Sure i want to talk to him, so bad! But I also don't want to talk to him.

"No you can't." I heard Cody say as he stepped in front of me. I looked up at him confused. "Trust me." He mouthed to me.

"C'mon please? I really need to talk to her. Just 5 minutes. Please Amber?" His voice was shaky. As if he was about to cry. Cody looked at me worriedly. I nodded. He moved out of my way, as I walked over to Riley. "Can we talk a litte bit over there?" He motioned towards a spot under a tree. I nodded.

"Amber, i know you probably hate me. But can you not ignore me? I know I should of told you about my grilfriend. To be honest though, i thought you liked Cody, so i didn't really worry about if you liked me or not." He signed. I just nodded. "I'm so sorry if i broke your heart, but please don't shut me out. I love having you as a friend Amy. I would hate to lose you. So, please?" I looked into his eyes to see his sincerity.

"Okay... But just not right now. Give me some time okay?" I signed back. He nodded sighing, understanding that i need time. "Okay, i'll see you later okay Riley?" I signed befoe walking back towards the car.

"Bye Amy!" He waved. I waved back before getting in the car, beside Cody.

"You okay?" He asked me. I just nodded. I guess I was okay on a level. But I wasn't totally sure. "That's good." He said before turning back towards the front. Kat turned towards me -her being in the front seat- signing.

'How are you really?"

'Fine I guess. I just told him that i need time before we can like you know, hang out like we used to." I signed back. She nodded before turning back to the front. Justin interlaced his fingers with hers. I sighed, suddenly feeling tired. I pulled out my phone opening my notes.

'Can I lie my head on your shoulder? I'm feeling a little tired.' I wrote passing it to Cody. He smiled at me, before nodding. I lied my head on his shoulder, feeling my eyes get heavier.

"You can go to sleep. We have a pretty long ride ahead of us." Cody told me. I nodded before signing to him.

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see!" He signed back. I just nodded as my eyes closed, the last thing I heard was the beginning to a song on the radio. Also feeling a little bit happier that Cody was learning sign, just for me.

"Amber... Wake up." I heard a soft whisper as my body was shaken lightly. I opened my eyes to see Cody's greenish/bluish eyes. He smiled at me. Making me go all fuzzy inside.

I've never had that feeling before.. Not even Riley made me feel like that.

"It's a pit stop. We're gonna eat something." He told me. I nodded sitting up, running my hand through my hair ever so lightly. I looked to see Kat and Justin weren't in the car. Probably already eating. Like always.

I got out of the car, And started walking towards what looked like a diner. Cody walked beside me. It was silent, but not an awkward silence.

We walked into the diner and I was amazed. It was an old fashioned diner. It had red and white checkered floors and walls. The walls were covered in pictures of Elvis Presley, guitars and everything in between. In the corner there was a big juke box.

I love going to old fashioned diners. Its just something about the feeling. Like its the 50s again.

"I love diners like this!" I heard Cody say to me. I looked at him, a smile on my face.