Something Went Wrong

Ren was in the middle of talking to a customer when he felt the buildup of energy. He instantly knew what it meant; it meant that the jutsu was being performed and the people that he had come to know were about to leave. He was confused by the fact that his daughter didn't want to go with then, even more so when her best friend decided to go as well. He thought for sure that she would have come running up to him begging him to go with them and since he wouldn't want to let her go alone and would have gone with her. Getting to start over in a different dimension would have been the chance of a lifetime and he wanted to go. When she told him that she wanted to stay he was saddened. What could have been holding her back? He didn't know the answer to that, and he couldn't push her to answer it.

When Ren had gotten out of prison, he turned his entire life around for the sake of the twelve year old daughter he never knew he had. He stopped doing the things that had landed him in prison in the first place, and when his father passed away he took over the family business. If he had gotten the chance to decide what career path he wanted to take, he would have been an inventor and a baker on the side. He joined the military right graduating from high school, and not long after he had become a part of the weapons development division. He was one of the best codebreakers in his unit. When he had down time, he took to baking to relieve stress, and there was also the fact that the food they were served was terrible.

In the end, he decided that everything he had to give up was worth it. The best part was that he got to watch his daughter grow up from a little twelve year old ballerina to the almost eighteen year old warrior. He wished that there was a way for him to have been a part of her life as a child; to have been able to watch her run around and play and to hold her in his arms.

The ground shook and Ren and the customer had to grab hold of the desk separating them to keep from falling over. The cars by the windows rattled across the floor, some falling over, and the pictures hanging on the wall fell and shattered on the linoleum. Banging and clattering could be heard from within the garage.

"Ma'am are you alright," Ren asked as he helped the fallen woman back up to her feet, checking for injuries. Sadly, it was that older woman who seemed to have an intense infatuation with him, and a grudge against his daughter.

"I bet that was the doing of one of those strange foreign kids that have taken residence in your house," the woman grumbled as she stood up. She checked her clothes for any stains or wrinkles, and when she was satisfied with her appearance she smiled flirtatiously at Ren.

"Your car's done. I'm going to go and check on my delinquents now," the dark haired man stated before he ran out the side door.

He ran straight to the path they'd made, leading to the clearing deep in the woods. When he broke through the surrounding trees he was stunned by what he saw. The ground seemed as if Sakura had gone on a rampage after her blond loudmouthed teammate made a tackless remark or Deidara had decided to set off one of his bombs. Some trees had been uprooted and craters were scattered all around the area. Wisps of smoke were rising from a few of the craters.

Thrown on the ground next to him was the backpack Kakashi had been wearing earlier that day. He walked over to the pack and picked it up. Opening it up, he was met with an unconscious Pakkun. The little brown dog appeared to be smaller than normal, almost like he had somehow reverted back to being a puppy. Ren placed the pack on the ground and placed the little dog on top of it, before he walked to the side of the clearing towards one of the many craters.

When he peered inside another one of the craters, he was shocked to say the least. There were two small children lying unconscious at the bottom lying in a pile of clothes that were much too large for their tiny bodies. The most shocking things were their features. The boy had dirtied white hair that flopped in front of his eyes. When the wind blew it pushed his hair to the side exposing the scar that ran straight down his left eye. He had his arms wrapped tightly around a small girl as if he was trying to protect her... the small girl with long ebony colored hair that flowed down her back.