Karaoke and Happy Juice

"Please! Someone please sing a song. It doesn't have to be dedicated to me. I just want someone to do karaoke," Jade pleaded to her group of friends. They were all standing in a group to the side of the stage, by the glass windows.

"I going to get something to drink," Kim muttered, as she hurried away.

"Kim," Jade shouted after her, but the girl had disappeared in the mass of party guests. She rounded on the others. "I thought you were fearless warriors. Hinata! Please go and sing a song," she pleaded to the girl that was standing on her right, catching her off guard.

"O-okay. I'll t-try my best," Hinata stuttered out before she was pushed up on the stage. From his speak behind the DJs station, Ren handed her a list of the songs that she could choose from. After a bit of contemplation she had finally come to a decision. If she was going to embarrass herself in front of everyone, she might as well sing a song that portrayed he feelings for someone special to her.

Ren set everything up, and handed her a microphone, then he motioned to the monitor off to the side that would display the words. When the song that was playing finished, Hinata stood center stage, waiting for the music to start. Once it started she waited for her cue. She started of softly, but as her friends started to cheer her on, she sang with much more confidence than she even knew she was capable of. Cheers broke out when Hinata sang the last notes and the music faded away. When she looked over the crowd that had formed, she couldn't help but turn red. She had been so focused on one person, she'd somehow forgotten about the crowd.

When she walked off of the stage she was pulled aside by the other girls that wanted to get up on stage to sing and have all the attention on them, and was soon engulfed in a giant hug by all of her girl friends.

"You know, she was thinking about you right," Kakashi asked looking down at his blond haired student with a fond smile.

"Congrats! The Hyuuga Heiress likes you, un," Deidara shouted slapping his fellow blond on the back, nearly causing the boy to stumble forward.

"Who would like the Dobe," Sasuke questioned with a blank expression. When his friend didn't respond he looked at his face, only to see a thoughtful expression he had only seen a few times when things serious or he thought no one was looking. "Naruto?"

"I know," Naruto said quietly, answering Kakashi's question. He turned to face Sasuke. "Just like I know that you realized you love Sakura-chan after watching her preform major surgery under immense pressure. I also know that Deidara took Jade out on a date today, and that there's something going on between Itachi and Hana. I'm not blind. I know how to read people."

"We're not talking about us right now. We're talking about you and Hinata," Itachi answered calmly, while on the inside, he was surprised. Though he would never admit it, Deidara was thankful for Itachi right then.

"She deserves someone stronger who can protect her," was the blond boy's reply.

"You defeated all of my Six Paths by yourself when no one else could. Not even Kakashi could." Right there the aforementioned man gave the redhead an annoyed glare. "I brought you back to life," he said patting the man's shoulder. Kakashi's shoulders slumped forward in defeat. Turning his attention back to his cousin, he asked, "Didn't you say that everyone in the village considers you a hero, and from what I've read in Ren's comic book, doesn't the hero always get the girl?"

"They're Kim's comic books... but... we'll help you get your girl Naruto," Kakashi said smiling down at him. Naruto started to get freaked out by his smile. "You're an amazing guy."

"Get away from me, you pervert," Naruto shouted as he pushed past the white haired man, momentarily stopping to whisper, "I'm not Kimi-nee-chan." Kakashi didn't need to know Naruto had wondered where the man went in the middle of the night and caught the two laying together on the sofa. Or that the blond had seen him carry the ebony haired girl to the room when, had it been anyone else, he would have left them there.