Party Prepping

"Kakashi," a soft feminine voice broke through the silence. "Wake up. Kakashi wake up," the voice continued. The girl stood back up sighing and crossing her arms. She looked out the window to see the moon still situated in the center of the night sky.

Looking down she glared at the sleeping man. He was lying on his back sprawled out on the sofa in the living room, his book lying open on his mask covered face. The other occupants that shared a room with him had kicked him out, yet again, for excessive giggling. In the end, the man had fallen to sleep in the living room.

The girl was beginning to grow impatient. She had been trying to wake him up for the past fifteen minutes. It seemed as if everything she tried failed in a way. She had tried shaking him, and yelling. Standing pack for a bit she tried to think up a way to wake him up. Coming up with an idea she turned her back to face him, and jumped up. Landing on his stomach, she checked to see if he was awake. He was not.

Groaning in frustration as she turned on his stomach to face him, straddling his hips. She slumped down on his chest, resting her head on his shoulder. She was at a loss. How could he still be sleeping after all she had been doing? It was a mystery to her. She slowly lifted the book off his face and placed it on the coffee table. Staring at his sleeping face, she decided on a new method. Her hands hovered over his face for a few seconds before she pinched his nose and covered his mouth with the other, cutting off his air supply.

Kakashi's hands jerked up and removed the smaller ones from his face. When he opened his eye, he was met with a glare.

"Care to tell me why you were trying to smother me in my sleep," he asked curiously. The amusement plain as day in his voice. Her glare hardened. "Kim?"

She sighed and let her arms go limp, her head falling back on his shoulder.

"I wanted to know if we could start training a little early today," she asked into his neck, her breath tickling the sensitive skin.

"Are you expecting to start training now," he pondered, fighting back the uncontrollable urge to shiver. Instead he shifted her lower on his body, pushing her to his side that was pressed against the sofa and letting her rest her head on his chest. When he felt rather than saw her nod, he asked, "Why?"

"Today's Jade's birthday and I wanted to do something for her. Like take her to that haunted house. Before that I need to do a bit of shopping for the party me and one of her coworkers are planning," Kim explained.

"The whole world celebrates Jade's birthday?"

"No dumbass! It's Halloween. The whole world celebrates Halloween today which so happens to be the day Jade was born. Hey," she exclaimed slapping Kakashi on the chest. "You can help me with the party shopping!"

"Where is this party even going to be at?" When she made a move to smack him again, his left hand shot out and caught her by the wrist before pinning it down on his chest.

"Her coworker Joey is going to be renting this huge old mansion for the party. It's really expensive, so I told him I would take care of decorations and food. Please will you help me? Please," she pleaded. Her eyes were wide and her lower lip was jutted out.

"I'll help you! Now will you stop with the face," Kakashi said exasperated. "What time is it?"

"Almost two," she smiled at him cutely.

"You want to start training at two in the morning?" He paused to look at her for confirmation. "It wouldn't hurt to skip training for one day. Just don't make a habit of it." When he looked down at her face, he saw that she had fallen asleep. He supposed the right thing to do would be to take her back to her room. Only, when he tired to place her down on the bed, she pulled him down with her. Not even bothering to undo her death grip, he laid down beside her. He'd better take his own advice.