A Recipe for Disaster?

"Morning everyone," Kim greeted cheerfully as she walked into the kitchen area.

"Ahhhhhhh," Naruto shouted, nearly falling out of his seat.

"Dobe, what's wrong with you," Sasuke asked monotonously.

"Kimi-chan! Don't push your bangs to the sides like that," the blond shouted, not paying any attention to his best friend.

"Kimi-chan? It sounds weird, but I'll get used to it," Kim said shrugging, moving to take a seat at the table. Then she remembered what had caused the initial shock. "What's wrong with my hair?"

"You look even more like the Teme when you do that, dattebayo!"

"Well, at least my hair doesn't look like a duck's ass," she grumbled, glaring a Sasuke for some unknown reason.

"It's doesn't look like a duck's ass," Sasuke retorted haughtily, returning his sister's glare from across the table.

"She has you there little brother," Itachi added as he walked over to them.

"Kimi-san, could you possibly help me," Hinata asked shyly. She had her hands on the top of her head holding all of her hair in place. Kim nodded, and followed after the shy girl leaving the guys to finish their debate. She led her to Kim's room, and asked her to close the door.

The shy girl dropped her hands from her head before Kim could ask what the problem was. When Hinata's hands were away from her head, her hair puffed up at the top. Hinata explained that she had tried to crimp it, but it did not come out right.

"I can try to fix it, but we don't have much time." Kim got straight to work on the other girl's hair. At first she tried to see if she could do anything to give Hinata the hairstyle she was aiming for, but it just wouldn't come out right. In the end, Kim pulled out her hair straightener and set to work. It worked for the most part, but the hair at the crown of her head refused to straighten causing some sort of wave.

Telling the momentarily crazy-haired girl to wait, Kim went into her closet. She came out with a pink and green square box, and pulled out a lavender-colored slouch knit hat.

"Try this on," the ebony haired girl instructed. The indigo haired girl did as she was told. The hat had done its job of hiding the messy hair. Sighing in relief, Hinata sat down on Kim's bed to allow the other girl to secure the hat in place with bobby pins. Something had caught her eye the box that was placed beside her. She pulled out a soft black case, and inside was a white handheld video camera.

"Oh hey! I've been wondering where that went," Kim exclaimed when she noticed what was in the other girl's hands.

"What is it?" She turned the device over in her hands, pulling open the side panel to reveal a small screen. It looked like a camera.

"That's right; you guys aren't as technologically advanced as we are. It's a hand held video camera." She then went on to explain how to work it. "You can have it if you want."

"I couldn't," Hinata tried to decline. She had heard just how expensive the video cameras from a movie set were worth from Sakura after she and her team went on that mission to protect the movie star turned princess. Surly something in a much more compact size had to be worth more.

"No it's okay. I never use it anyways. I'd rather take pictures with my camera than record videos," she explained with an encouraging smile gracing her features. Almost as if reading the Hyuga's mind she said, "Besides I won this thing off a group of collage kids trying to hustle me."

Hinata gave a nervous smile as she fiddled with the camera lens. "What would I film with it?"

"Anything you want! Even Naruto!"