Someone Should Fix That

"I still don't understand why we had to get all this stuff... Okay I get that we need it, but why did we have to buy, can this even be considered bulk," Kakashi complained for the tenth time that morning. "We're in America and from all the memes I've seen, American potions are abnormally large."

    The white haired Jonin's arms were filled with large bags of groceries from their early morning shopping trip, the reusable canvas bags stuffed to the brim. Normally he wouldn't complain, but the large bags of flour and sugar were weighing him down.

    "So much for being a super strong Jonin," Kim commented sarcastically, rolling her eyes. "Just a few more steps and you can put everything down in the kitchen, you big baby." Kakashi glared at her for her last comment, which she ignored and opened the door to the loft.

    The two walked in and set the bags down on the dining table. Quickly, they began sorting through the bags and had arranged everything on the table, and placed the things that needed to be kept cold in the refrigerator. Once done with that task, Kakashi walked over to the sofa, got comfortable and pulled out his favorite book: Icha Icha Paradise.

    "Did you guys get everything," Ren asked as he walked through the front door. He had seen the two pull up in his truck, but had decided the motor he was working on could use another look over when he caught sight of all the bags his daughter had loaded on to the Hatake's arms.

    "Yeah," Kim answered, not once taking her eyes off the arranged items before her. "What time is it?"

    "Almost 9:30. Why," Ren asked.

    "The guys wanted me to take them lunch to school today," was her reply. "So I have about two hours until I have to leave."

    "Alright, I need the both of you to help me out here," Ren said, picking up the bags of flour and sugar and then taking them to the kitchen counter. The he went back for the vanilla extract, salt, baking powder, milk, eggs, and butter. He took out three purple mixing bowls out from the cabinet, and got out the measuring cup and measuring spoons. "I'll bake everything, but I'm going to need the two of you to decorate them. Daughter you know the drill, and don't forget that you need to start on making the food. Kakashi you help her," he ordered, sending a pointed glance in the lounging man's direction.

    Soon they were all hard at work. Kakashi had to take off his white pirate shirt, not wanting to get it dirty, and into a pair of army green sweatpants. Kim went to go change into an orange t-shirt and a pair of short black shorts. All they could hear was the pitter-patter of Kim's bare feet, as she would run back and forth to get something she forgot. She had slipped a few times, and one time she tripped and hit the closed oven door face first. Ren ignored it, and Kakashi muttered something that sounded like 'weirdo' when she stood back up rubbing her nose.

    "Does Jade even know about the party," Kakashi asked at random, while mixing together rice cereal andmelted butter and marshmallows in a bowl with his hands after he had gotten frustrated at the lack of progress he made with the spoon. He lifted them up only to find them covered in sticky mixture. He was about to stick a finger in his mouth, when Ren came up behind him and smacked him on the head telling him 'no'.

    "She doesn't. It's supposed to be a surprise party. I made Deidara spend the entire day with her, while we did prepared everything," Kim explained. "He thinks he got off light, by not having to cook or decorate, but the truth is he got the hardest job. He has to keep her away from it all until tonight, and knowing Jade well..." She gave a shrug. "You get the point."

    A timer went off and Kim jumped to her feet, leaving the bowl of cookie dough on the counter, and walked over to the oven. She grabbed the oven-mitts out of a drawer and slipped them on. She opened the oven and pulled out a cookie sheet.