The Bell Test

"Today you guys become a Genin team, 'ttebayo! Isn't that exciting," the blond haired boy shouted, clapping his hands.

Everyone, aside from Kim and Pakkun, was standing around in the clearing deep within the woods behind the shop.  When the others made their way outside the missing two were arguing about sleeping arrangements and taking baths.

"Idiot," Sakura scolded as she brought her fist down on her blond friend's head. "They can't become a Genin team if they don't belong to a village."

"Actually, they can," Itachi stated. "Just like Orochimaru," almost every ninja present shuddered at the mention of the man, "founded the Sound Village, they can found their own village."

"What are you going to name your village," Naruto asked, more like shouted, curiously.

"You stupid mutt, look at what you did," they heard Kim shout as she made her way over to the clearing. Kakashi sighed. Pakkun would not leave the ebony haired girl alone, despite him asking... many times. The little dog even refused his bribes.

"You're the one who tripped," was the pug's gruff reply.

"I tripped over you!"

"Maybe you should start looking down when you walk."

"You did it on purpose! You even made me fall on a cactus! Why is there an abundance of cacti out here?!" They had finally reached the edge of the clearing. Pakkun just stood there examining his paws. Kim was having problems trying to balance herself on one leg with one hand placed on a tree for support, and simultaneously attempting to remove the little spikes from her leg.

"Cacti," Pakkun inquired, tilting his head slightly to the side in that adorable way all pugs did.

"We would sound pretty stupid if we went around saying cactuses," Kim answered without thinking even before she got a spike stuck in her finger, effectively reminding her of the situation. "Don't try to change the subject!"

"So close..."

"Cactus Village sounds kind of lame, and so does Land of Cacti," Jade said, testing out the names. She noted Kim's questioning look as she approached the others, and quickly brought her up to speed.

"Land of Sunburn," Sasuke grumbled his opinion. Despite the copious amounts of sunblock he applied before going outside to train, his pale skin was alway aggravated by the harsh Texas sun. Itachi and Hinata both managed to get a light tan after hours in the sun, but not him. He just ended up bright red and in pain. It also didn't help that his idiotic siblings recently took to slapping him on the back every chance they got.

"Teme you wouldn't have to worry about getting sunburned, if you hadn't lived in a cave with a pedophile for about two and a half years, dattebayo," Naruto said nonchalantly with a wave of his hand. Sasuke glared at him.

"He does have a point, Sasuke. Not even your brother has sunburn," Sakura imputed, pointing out the obvious. Sasuke turned his glare, which was really more of a pout, on her. He really missed the days when she always took his side.

"It's just the three of us, do we really need to create our own village," Ren asked, looking to the others. When everyone one nodded, and gave their reasons as to why they needed a village he sighed. "Fine, but I'll choose the name." He took a few minutes to think it over. It all seemed so unnecessary to him, but... whatever. "We'll be the Sun Village or Land of Sun. I'll be the king, lord, whatever of this thing."

"Alright, I'm a princess," Kim shouted, thrusting a triumphant fist in the air like she was punching the sky. Right after, she began doing a weird dance by moving her hands in a circular motion in front of her and moving her hips along with her hands.