You're Taking Me Where To Do What?! I Don't Think So (Chapter 5)

Start from the beginning

I started to follow the obvious trail. Stupid Cora, thinking she can trick me by laying a false trail. The trail was so obvious that i decided to run along it. The sooner i found them the better.

(POV ????)

I was watching the back door when suddenly the girl Cora came out of it followed by Emily and Max. They went one way cora followed and then ran back in the oposite direction.

I followed her. She was leaving an bvious trail. All of the sudden it disappeared. I frowned. Where could she have gone? I looked aroung for 5 minutes before picking it up again. I followed it by jumping from building to building.

All of the sudden it ended and around the corner i saw Cora just sitting there. Why had she stopped? I stayed where i was watching and trying to figure out why she wasn't still running.

(POV Cora)

I sat there not moving for half an hour before i heard footsteps. About time, i thought. It was starting to get cold.

I stood up just as Seth turned the corner. He smiled evilly when he found me. Then he realised i was alone and his smile was replaced by confusion and anger.

"Where are the girl and the boy?" He asked.

I gave him a smug smile and replied "Not here."

His confusion turned to anger as he walked towards me. "You're coming with me." He said grabbing hold of my wrist. He hold on me was painfully tight as we made our way back to the car.

On the way he took out his mobile and phoned someone. I could only hear his part of the conversation "They got away...... No! Cora let them......Yes..... We're on our way...... Good." He closed the phone as we reached the car.

He shoved me into the back of the car and got in the front. I'm guessing the doors had child lock or something to stop me escaping.

When we got to the building, Seth led me to an elevator i had never used before. He saw my question look and as the doors to the elevator closed he said "We're going to the 61st floor. The boss wants a word with you."

I gulped i was going to see THE boss. The one in charge of the whole building. It was at this point that i realised just how much trouble i was in but i didn't regret letting them go.

As soon as the door opens Seth grabs my wrist and pulls me out and towards a big double door. Seth was about to knock when a voice from within called out "Come in."

Seth opens the door and drags me into the grandest office i have ever seen. There were shelves full of books on one shelf and an expensive looking sofa. Past that was a big ornate desk with two chairs in front of it.

Behind the desk was a man in a suit, he looked to be in his mid 40s. He had had really shoulder lenght brown hair and penetrating grey eyes.

Seth pulled me all the way up to stand right in front of the desk, then let go of my wrist. Finally! I was starting to lose feeling in my hand.

"What Happened?" The man behind the desk demanded.

Seth replied instantly. "When we got to the resturant they were there. Cora went to the cloakroom to help look for their coats i waited outside incase the girl tried to escape. They were taking too long and when i went in no one was there i followed here to a side street. She had let the girl and kid go, sir."

"Is this true?" He asked turning his attention to me. He looks me directly in the eyes and makes me want to shrink back, but i don't.

Instead i stand up straighter and reply "Yes."

"Why?" He asks me.

I'm speechless for a frew seconds. I expected him to shout at me. When i recover i tell him "It was the right thing to do."

"What if i told you they were on the run because the girl her last family and kidnapped the boy?"

"Then i would say that you were wrong and needed to get better dources of information." I replied instantly getting angry.

I knew i had gone too far and didn't care. I knew both Emily and Max had done nothing wrong.

"Then you are going to have to take the consequences then."

"Gladly."

Seth handed me my rucksack filled with the things i ahd gotten from my house. I took it and walked to the office door, opened it and was about to close the door when the boss called me back. I was considering closing the door anyway and pretending i didn't hear when i was pushed back into the room.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for voting, i hope you like it so far. I will do the next chapter asap