Part 4

She was dead. I grabbed the home phone and dialed 911.
" hello I would like to report a death" I cried into the phone and it went to a recording
"If you are reporting a death or a passed out person go to Chanel 1." It reported and I hung up the phone. I turned on channel 1 and stared down at my mothers dead body. The tv blasted a report on the meteor.
" it is reported that the meteor has released two radioactive waves, one immediately after the hit and one half an hour after. The first one contained a gas that protected people that breathed it in. It would not be able to get into houses so people that were staying inside like we warned would not have breathed it in. Now the second wave has chemicals that would kill everyone except for people that breathed in the previous one. This wave did get into houses and killed people that were in there. The population is thought to be about 2 million and the surviving government is having a fit. All remaining survivors please go to the pentagon in Washington DC for pairing up or orphan housing." I felt my jaw drop and I was shocked. There was only 2 million out of the 7 billion humans left. I got in my car and drove to Morgan's who was laying on her couch watching channel 1.
" Morgan we have to go to Washington DC" I said and she jumped.
" jeez Cleo you scared me" she scolded and I laughed
" one car or two" I asked and grabbed a bag of chips for her and one for me.
" two" she said and I threw her her keys and chips.
"We'll meet you in Washington DC" I called out then after I yelled " race ya" and left.